Winter

Layla

Whoever said Monday mornings are a breeze, is clearly fucking delusional. Barely half awake and functioning, I sip on my second cup of coffee for the morning, striving for the caffeine to kick in as producers ramble on and on about which entrance I should take on stage. I nod politely and go on with whatever shenanigans they have in place, never truly having the willpower to be up and ready at five in the morning. For I can hear plentiful amounts of screams and shouts, indicating it's practically time for me to step out. I set my coffee down on the side, making sure my lipstick is still intact as the music begins. And as Grace nods, I make my inevitable entrance, hoping and praying I don't trip on these heels while still sporting a kind and confident smile. Fake it till you make it as people say. The one of many hosts at the table stand, offering their hands to shake. I accept, happy for the warm welcome, waving out to the crowd as they cheer me on. It takes a while for the audience to lessen their excitement as I take a seat, crossing my legs, straightening out my black dress. The room around me has glass windows, allowing me to see the beautiful autumn skyline that the city offers. And once introductions are shared, they dive right into the interview, forcing me to remain on edge in anticipation.

 And once introductions are shared, they dive right into the interview, forcing me to remain on edge in anticipation

"We're really excited for this new movie of yours Layla. Tell us, how was it working with Tom Hanks?"

"He's an absolute sweetheart. He taught me a lot, gave great advice, and makes the best grilled cheese on set."

The crowd laughs as the well polished host of the hour smiles boldly, nodding in agreement. "You'll be in Los Angeles for the premiere this week, is that correct?"

"Yes, it is."

"Are you excited?"

"Of course. Hollywood holds a special place in my heart and it's so much fun seeing other stars out on the red carpet, celebrating such a night."

"Any ideas on what you'll be wearing?"

I smile modestly, shaking my head, much to everyone's dismay. "That hasn't been decided yet, we're still playing around with two other options."