Diamonds

The walk to my apartment is a dreadful one as I attempt to put the past five hours of my day in the fucking past. For Anthony Mair and I got into a heated argument once again, there's absolutely no surprise there. He wishes to completely transform the theme and moral of the story I've so greatly and carefully created. He doesn't want to hear my opinions nor does he care for anyone to speak their thoughts. He's a typical arrogant director in Hollywood who has tasted the golden fame. Now, he can't get enough and I regret ever bringing him on such a precious project. When I open the door, Sugar is already barking on the other side, running in a daze back and forth until I focus all my energy onto her. She's a slice of apple pie; she's pure comfort when you need it the most. She's in my arms quickly as I rest on my knees, kissing her small head.

"Hey there sweetheart, did you miss me? Where's Harry, hmm? Did you take good care of him?" She barks a number of times in agreement, rushing onto the floor and towards the direction of the bedroom. I follow behind, stopping only at the sight that stands before me in the bathroom. He's a true dream, a magical persona of a man that I will never fathom is mine to adore and cherish. Dressed in a simple black suit that's anything but ordinary, he showcases it to its fullest potential with barely visible stripes that come across its design. His chest is completely bare as the coat does little to cover his single, allowing nothing but a few chains and pendants to dangle across his neck. He brushes through his hair without true intentions, smiling shyly at my presence.

 He brushes through his hair without true intentions, smiling shyly at my presence

"You look incredible," I tell him.

"I wanted to match your dress, this is all I could find."

"Very handsome," I whisper into his ear, kissing his cheek.

He wraps both arms around my waist, pulling me close for another taste of romance. "I missed you today."

"Missed you more. Were you able to write any?"

"A little. Don't know, I'm struggling a bit. Can't get a proper groove to compose a decent song. They all sound like pure shit."

"You're too hard on yourself Harry. I'm sure they sound lovely."

"They're horrible. Absolute rubbish. I have great ideas, I'm so incredibly inspired. But when I try to create a lyric, it all just goes away. I'm left with nothing."

"It's just a case of writer's block. All the greats go through it once in a while."

Searching through the many pieces of the vast closet, I select my chosen dress with given diamonds. I don't bother for perfection for that's greatly out of reach. I gather my hair into a loose hold from behind, applying some color and gloss to my lips as well as some length to my lashes. Nothing too fancy to gather attention as I simply am going to such a lavish party for Harry. Considering today is Halloween of all days, Jeffery decided to throw a big get together for all those he knows and wants to meet. Him and Carrie have once again broken up and he's throwing himself into a fit of denial and tequila to mend the pain. Taking one final glance in the mirror, I adjust the necklace that sits on my chest, flushing as Harry smiles widely my way.