Departing

"Brother!" Pandora rushed towards Desmideus, "Tell me what I hear isn't true."

Desmideus turned around to see his little sister grabbing his arm, tugging it.

"Tell me you're not venturing off into the mountains." Her eyes began to flood with tears, "You can't leave me!" She was scared for his life, not wanting to live her entire life knowing her brother was dead.

"Pandora, clam down." He knelt down to her level and grabbed her hand gently, "It will all be fine, I have the best knight in the kingdom coming with me." He looked back over his shoulder and stood there was the commander of the army; Eldric Stormsword, he hard dark skin, and a scar over his left eye, displaying the numerous dangerous fights he has encountered and survived. He gave a stern look, never once breaking into a smile, frightening the girl.

"Hey, do you mind?" Desmideus gritted through his teeth

Eldric didn't reply.

Desmideus rolled his eyes and turned back to his sister, "Hey, listen, I'm just filling my duty as a man of this kingdom, think of it as a quest... a need to prove my bravery and valour to this country if I am going to be king."

Pandora looked down to the floor, staring at the intricate tile before looking back up, "Like father?"

"Like father."

"So..." Pandora bit her lip, "Does that mean you love her?"

Desmideus choked on his spit, "What?" He placed a hand on the floor to balance himself as he was coughing.

"It's just like what happened with mother, she was kidnapped by a dragon, and father went to save her." Her eyes gleamed at the fairy tale.

"Heh, well, it's not exactly like that, I'm just... a considerate person."

"Yes... but would you be venturing off to save any old girl?" She giggled.

Desmideus frowned, hesitating to answer.

"I knew it." She ruffled his hair, "It's okay..." she leaned into his ear, "I'll keep it a secret." She pulled back and give a grin, "I can't wait to have a sister-in-law!"

"Pandora, calm down-"

"Here." She took off her golden necklace, "I want you to have it."

Desmideus stared at it, silent, his eyes creasing, "Pandora, this was-"

"Mother's... I know, but... it's my good luck charm, let's make a deal, okay? You wear this while you're on you quest, and you can return in back to me once you'll return, I know how much you wouldn't like this pendant to get lost, so by having this, I'll know you'll try extra hard to live and return it to me!" He eyes shined.

Desmideus, looking down at his sister with so much familial love, couldn't deny her request, "Okay." He bent his head down, and she placed the pendant around his neck. The golden chain shining like his hair, and the pendant of a dragon had blood ruby eyes that warded off all evil.

-

Anastasia had about enough of this bullshit.

After hearing about the incident with Abraham, she was utterly mortified with Jayne's idoicy and unawareness of the effect she had on the boy.

Octavia spent the night in the palace, Anastasia, staying in their temporary home was concerned when she didn't return home, but considering how obscure Octavia was and her herione's halo ring, she was not worried about her life.

Anastasia was simply drinking her coffee and enjoying the bird's chirping when Octavia had stormed in through, so excited to have been reuinted with Jayne, though she said she would remain composed in the castle; no one likes someone who seems desperate. Anastasia was orderd to stay in the house, whilst Octavia could be cared for by the palace's servants.