Part 8

Okay, Jayne, calm down, yes, robots don't exist in this world. However, these are all fictional characters who were programmed by people who are aware of robots. It was probably just an oversight by one of the scrip writers, yes. That must be it.

Whilst Jayne's thoughts were nearly causing her to break down. She absent-mindedly walked in the inn. Mumbling to herself and any onlookers would think she would have some sort of mental problem.

"You alright there, lass?"

"What!" Jayne looked to see the bartend address her, "No, I'm fine, it's just, I need a place to sleep for the night, do you have a room I can rent for a couple of days."

"Yeah..." The bartend sneered.

"Well, you don't have to look at me like that." She tossed him a silver coin, which he gladly caught.

"Here." He grabbed a key that was hanging on the wall behind the bar, "Room 16, and the bar is closed."

"I was planning on sleeping." She said monotonously,  miffed at his sour attitude.

She went to sleep in a cramp little room, a tiny window illuminating the moon.

-

The sun shone brightly directly into Jayne's eyes, waking her up, "Ah fuck." She threw a pillow at the window as if it would miraculously turn into a curtain. It did not. Jayne trotted down the stairs to get some breakfast, finding the place nearly empty. It was late spring and the sun rose earlier than usual, so most people with the luxury of not being awakened by the sun's shine were still blissfully asleep. "I'll have whatever's the cheapest food on the menu and water."

"Why don't you look ravishing." The bartend wiped a glass. Jayne definitely did not look ravishing. She hadn't even brushed her teeth or brushed her hair, which was loosely tied back in a low pony.

"I don't need to hear another potential suitor tell me how divine I look, I already know it." Jayne sat at the bar, indulging in the bartend's sardonic conversation.

"Ha!" He seemed amused, grabbing a cup and filling it with water, passing it to her. He went into the back and began to make some scrambled eggs on toast.

Jayne looked around to just simply take in her surroundings, she then heard an obnoxious thud coming down the stairs and barged through the room.

"Hey Frank, I'll have the usual." He banged on the bar, taking a seat just a couple away from Jayne.

Oh god.

"Shut up you twerp." The bartend, Frank, shouted.

"I love you too."

Ah,fuck.FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck

Jayne had to leave, but her breakfast was already being made, so it would be rude to do so, still. She had to leave.

"Hey, do I know you?" The man turned and looked at her.

"No! You don't. I've never seen your face before."  Jayne spun her seat slightly away from him.

"I'm- I'm sorry if this is awkward but- I think we've met before." He gently placed his hand on her shoulder, spinning her around.