Part 14

Xalvador Veneficus, a wizard in this game, hence the eccentric name and his blue hair. How else would you be able to tell he had magic?

He was young, but still had immense power for a wizard his age, only a couple years older than Jayne. Throughout the game, the court wizard dies and he takes his place at the ripe age 20. He doesn't unlock his 'true' power until the heroine's life is in danger and he has to save her with the 'power of love' shit.

But what the hell would he want with Jayne?

"What?" She spat, not wanting to interact with such a troublesome character.

"You're Jayne Smith, correct?"

Should she lie? If she did he might just leave her be, did he have the power to detect lies? When playing his route he did, which was very bothersome as she could never manipulate him. Not that Jayne would want to do that, well, in real life that is, in a world with fictional characters it's a little different. Being a bitch in video games is always entertaining, although being a bitch was never really a desirable trait. Maybe that's why she failed many times playing?

"Hello?"

"Oh!" She snapped out of her inner monologue, "What... do you want with her?"

"Are you her or not?"

"What would make you think I'm her?"

He seemed tired, "Because she's an incredibly young physician and we're in the hospital wing?"

He got her there. The second youngest physician working here was in their late 20's, and as a teenager, she definitely stood out.

"What do you want?" She indirectly confessed her identity.

"I want to talk with you."

"Okay..." she crossed her arms, "We're talking."

"In private."

She looked around the hall, "We're alone?"

"We're in an open space, there may be eavesdroppers."

Jayne sighed and walked away to her room, he followed.

"What?" She slammed the door after he let himself in there.

"I was curious about your situation, so I did some digging." He paced around the room, "you helped wake Lady Octavia of Aeolia, and looking at the records of her condition I've concluded," he stopped and faced her, "you used magic to wake her."

Jayne paled, "excuse me?'" She was ready to slap his existence into a different otome game.

"You're no physician, You're a mage." He pointed a finger at her.

"I am a physician," she slapped his hand away, "I was just the only one with a brain to think outside the box."

"Then why didn't you just ask one of the mages there about it?" He towered over her.

"Because I wanted the credit." She gave him a light shove, wanting him to leave.

He scoffed in shock, "Humble, I see."

"Very. Now leave."

He glared done at her. Ignoring her demand, "You don't seem to be lying." He hummed.

"That's because I'm not."

"There's the something about, something weird."

"That's the nicest thing any boy has said to me." She said flatly and moved to open the door, "now leave."

"What's got you in a mood?"

"You."

The stared at each other. He was not moving, "What is it?"