A Conversation

Jayne's head throbbed as she woke up on a surprisingly soft surface. She grabbed her head as she felt its weight and squinted at the light. Looking around, she saw she was in some small room. It was white, unusual considering the country's aesthetic, and there was a glass of water and Jayne snatched and gulped down.

"I see you're awake, good." Selene appeared from nowhere, causing Jayne to scream, and dropped her glass, smashing across the floor.

"Jesus Christ!" Jayne put her heart on her chest.

Selene squinted her eyes, glaring into her soul. Jayne looked back at her, a cat gazing upon a lion as if they were equals. "You should be grateful, your benevolent prince has just saved your life."

"What?" She sat up, resting her back against the bedrest.

"Desmideus," she sighed just thinking about him, "we struck a deal. You return safely to Aeaea, and him and I wed." She giggled at the thought.

"What?" Jayne's eyes jumped out of her sockets at the abysmal news.

"It's great, isn't it, we both get what we want, you your freedom, and me my prince." She did a little twirl and then her face darkened, "Speaking of which." She raised her hand and once again started choking Jayne who scratched her neck to try and pry the force off her, "I bind you from being unable to tell anyone of what yesterday, okay?" She unclenched her hand and Jayne coughed rapidly, trying to breathe air as she was finally free.

"The story is that I found you and your dragon out in the wild and brought you back here to help heal the wounds that the dragon inflicted on you, you say anything else and I kill your dragon." She stared at her, the look in her eyes indicating that she was not kidding.

"Why not just brainwash me or compel me to say that instead?" Jayne spat, caressing her neck.

"Oh, I would, but magic has it's constrictions."

"You mean you not poweful enough to do those sorts of things." Jayne smirked, enjoying the tease despite what she knew what the consequences were.

"I'd watch your tongue if I were you." Selene snarled, "The second that we recite our wedding vows I can easily make your death look like an accident."

"Maybe killing me will just set me free from this world and journey to the next." Jayne stared back, refusing to let the villainess intimidate her, as Jayne gathered, for as long as her and Desmideus and married, he would go back on his word if Jayne were to die prematurely.

Selene only scoffed at Jayne's statement, "Perhaps, but no nothing is for certain after death, don't pretend you don't fear it."

"Well by that sense, you fear death too."

"As if you were any threat to me to be able to end my life."

"Maybe not me personally, but I know people." She thought of the idea of Biastos ripping her to shreds and get this whole ordeal over and done with.

Selene stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking, "Desmideus will be arriving by ship in two days, I suggest not doing anything idiotic in between." She turned to leave.

"Wait." Jayne called out, "Why am I not in a dungeon, and why have my wounds been tended to?"

Selene turned her head around, "Desmideus is under the pretense that I found you, he does not know what happened yesterday, hence why I put that spell on you, the last thing I need is Dessy to know what a bad girl I've been." She then slammed the door and left.

Jayne sighed and put her head on her pillow, wanting to sleep for the next two days, but as fate wouldn't let her relax, there was a knock on her door and someone rushed in. Jayne lifted her head to see Helios.