And That's How We Met

It was my first day at grad school & unlike others I wasn't afraid or nervous about meeting new people and starting a new life but about the things that were not going so well in my life.

I don't have a miserable life. It was just not going the way I planned it but it happens with everyone. Right?

Small fights with your friends and misunderstanding with your family; a perfect way to mess up your already troubled life.

My mother wanted me to do something in fashion designing because she never had enough faith in me that I was capable to do anything else. I've always been a hopeless case for her.

She is not completely wrong. Chemical equations and mathematics are not really my cup of tea but here's a fact I suck at designing too.

Can I do that ? Surviving three years is a big deal. Whose gonna help me get through it. I felt lonely and miserable.

Not in a good mood on the very first day, I entered the class room and took a seat trying at the corner to pull my mind back. Everyone introduced themselves as a part of an interaction session.

It was my turn. Avoiding all the necessary details, I kept it short and simple.

Everyone was busy showing off their sketching skills. I turned back trying to be invisible.

Later on, I made a few friends accidentally. They were talking with each other and I  was looking at them and then I saw you smiling & listening to others just like I did.

You didn't see me at first but after minute you saw me.You came forward & introduced yourself as Adam & I introduced myself as Katherine.

We become good friends. Life didn't seem so dull & boring after that. You helped me rediscover myself & I was back to being me. Laughing for no reason with my friends and living my ordinary life; extraordinarily.

That was me, the real me.

I invited you home & you met my mother. She seem to really like you. I was really surprise to see you two getting along. You were always there to support me through the toughest times.

We grew close and on 2 January, 2014, you said I love you to me for the first time. I didn't know how to react so i decided not to say anything.

I was sure about one thing that I love you but was it more than a friend?

I never thought about love , getting settle with someone but you changed my perception.

Things still remained the same between you & me. You didn't force me to get answers and one day at home I caught myself looking at you. That moment made me realise my true feelings for you.

I love you, was all I was able to say & I knew that we were more than just friends.

On our convocation day you went on the stage and proposed me in front of everyone.

Doing it in the old fashion way, you went down on your knee with a beautiful ring finally on my finger.

The perfect fit and the perfect day. That was the second best moment of my life.

The first is, the day we got married.

Don't lose hope, have faith.
Magical things do happen.