Just a thankyou?

Dedicated to benzmm27

Malia is the perfect example of 'the girl next door'. She has something strange about her in a good sort of way. She is the type of a person, you can rely on.

Close your eyes, jump off a bridge and I am sure she will be there to catch you. No matter what you do, besides making fun of her 'socially awkward' skills; she is always there for you.

Whenever you are with her, you feel like sharing each and every secret with her.

Her best quality is that she listens and we all know how difficult it is to find such a person.

She sees the best in everything and everyone. Filled with love, she still didn't know how it feels when you love someone.

When you see someone and the time stands still, she wanted to feel the anxiety, excitement and happiness, one gets from watching the love of their life standing in front of their eyes.

And finally that happened. Her eyes fell on someone and she never wanted to take them off of him. She found that special person in her grad school.

It was just like any other day, when her life took a turn. She saw him sitting in the cafeteria. She asked the name of the guy from one of her friends.

'Ronald', she said.

As any other curious teenager, she went back home and googled his name trying to get hold of his social media account.

Day by day, she saw him in college, smiling and talking with his friends.

Her feelings for him got even worse when her friends forced her to go ahead and talk to him.

Talking with him online, she was happy that at least now he knows that she exists.

After gathering some courage, one day, she finally talked to him face to face. From that day onwards, they used to wave at each other.

Talking to a guy is not a big deal, but talking to a guy you like, feels the toughest task ever. Right?

The support she got from her friends which also includes making fun of her choice, she made up her mind about confessing her feelings to him.

A week pass by but she couldn't get the right moment. Another week was just about to end when she finally found him alone in the hallway.

'Hey. I just,' she tried to hide her nervousness. He did nothing but looked at her.

'I wanted you to know that, that, I like you,' she shrugged. 'Yeah, okay. I said it. I like you.' she finally said it.

Ronald stared at her with his expressionless face. 'Thank-you,' he said and left.

It's been more than six months now but they never talked about that day.

Now, every time they pass by each other, they wave.

So, what do you think? Is it a story with a sad ending or a happy one.

Well, I think it's definitely a happy ending. A girl who never had the courage to say what's in her heart, finally confessed her feelings to her first love.
I hope you all agree with me?
And I hope the girl I'm writing this for also agrees.