𝟬𝟭 power upon pain

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄power upon pain

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
power upon pain

——— 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀!

( DECEMBER '07 )

        BEAUTY IS subjective even to those born with it. Nobody can be one hundred percent in belief that they are beautiful at all times of the day, for their whole life. Insecurity takes over at even the slightest of glance for even the most confident people. In cabin ten, however, it's believed (despite the many misconceptions others seem to have about their beliefs) that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every person will not find you beautiful on first glance, it's what they see when they look closer that determines what type of person they are. Beauty does not just mean the physical aspect — how much heart you have counts just as much.

The other cabins at Camp Half—Blood all seem to inhabit campers that share some similarities to each other if they have the same godly parent: Hermes children have mischievous glints and what is a somewhat resemblance to elf like ears, Apollo children seem to share the same sun kissed skin and warm eyes, Ares children are all built with the same tall heights and rough exteriors, Athena children all inhabit the owl like grey eyes, even Demeter children share looks in their field green eyes or corn coloured hair.

Not one person in the Aphrodite cabin looks the same as the next.

Cabin ten is made up of different people, with different eye colours and hair colours. They don't share the moon in their eyes or doves in their hair, or rose coloured cheeks. Each one has their own uniqueness to their body, and to their features. Elska has warm chocolate eyes that you melt into, Mitchell's smile lights up even the brightest of days, Silena's long hair flutters with each step she takes like a butterfly, James smirk flights a flutter in the hearts of many campers outside of cabin ten.

Aphrodite has an ever changing form, with her features constantly flickering to fit those considered most beautiful to the person she graces in front of. All her forms are beautiful: even the one singular form she takes when she goes to visit her children on the odd occasion (so basically, almost never). It's obvious that none of her children really look like her.

However, there's one way that an Aphrodite child is picked apart from the rest.

The grace with which they flutter around rivals that of any other mortal, half—blood or God, dave Aphrodite herself. The elegance with which they're able to do simple tasks pursues the attention of many, and is more than just a curious gaze. They may not be united in features, but they stand together in grace. Besides, they all know that they're beautiful — it's the one thing they're blessed with, the confidence in knowing that they and others beautiful. They find beauty in people even when those people can't see it themselves.