𝟭𝟮 zeus and the never ending bitchfest

CHAPTER TWELVE zeus and the never ending bitchfest

CHAPTER TWELVE
zeus and the never ending bitchfest

———— CONNOR!
( WASHINGTON DC )

WASHINGTON DC, AS it turned turned out, was farther from Louisiana even by magic carpet than Connor had hoped. It had admittedly taken them a little over the rest of the night and day to past Virginia, and now Connor was steering the carpet over DC, trying to figure out where he was supposed to land and where the frozen yoghurt shop even was. He would have asked Verona for help, had it not been the fact that despite being a hundred feet up in the air and flying on a magical carpet that a God had gifted them, she was fast asleep. It was almost impossible to think that she hadn't turned the wrong way and fallen straight off the carpet, had it not been for the fact that about ten minutes after she had fallen asleep, she had curled her body up as close to Connor, who was sitting in the middle of the carpet, as she could, and then proceeded to place her head near his legs and continue snoring softly. And Connor would have woken her up too, had he not been focused on flying and the fact that he was sure she hadn't slept since the previous night at her house, and even then she had slept less than he did and been awake long before he was.

Admittedly, he was now steering the carpet with one hand. His other one was busy looping through Verona's arm, which lay on her side as she fast asleep, making sure she did not fall. He had placed it there after she had almost jolted straight off the carpet somewhere over Tennessee, and since then he had made sure she didn't jolt down into a random state when he wasn't looking. Connor would have let her fall down to a random state too, had he not thought that Chiron would scorn him if he returned to Camp Half Blood without Verona.

He balanced the map he had out onto Verona's shoulder so he could hold it, the other one still steering until he ended up jolting the entire carpet as he took a U turn back towards where came from having missed the shop, forcing Verona awake from her slumber after long.

"Styx," She grumbled, pushing herself up only to pause when she found a heavy arm looped around hers tightly. Verona stated at Connor suspiciously, making a face. "Can I ask why—"

"Yes you can," Connor snapped his head towards her, finally removing his arm and handing her the map as she sat down straight beside him. Her hair had long since fallen out of her braid and was messily swivelling around her face now like a series of glimmering waterfalls, and she had long since put on her glasses (something which had surprised Connor — he had genuinely always believed if anybody would have perfect vision, it would be children of Aphrodite) and completely ditched her contact lenses. Her glasses were midsized, thin and black rimmed but they suited her face and reminded Connor that beyond looking like an ethereal goddess, she was a smartass too and that really annoyed him. "You just happened to almost fall down into the depths of Tennessee about seven hours ago."