Battelfield (2)

Scott and Stiles were sat on the bench watching their team warm up for the game. They both anxiously messed with their lacrosse gear.

"Your dad coming?" Scott asked Stiles as his eyes wandered from the field to the bleachers.

Stiles turned his head to look at his dad who sat on the bleachers next to Melissa.

"Yeah he's already here."

"Have you seen Allison or Sadie?" Scott asked anxiously.

"No, have you seen Lydia?"

"Not yet."

"You know whats going on?"

"Not yet."

Stiles took a deep breath in, "It's going to be bad isn't it? I mean like people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming, kind of bad?"

Scott hesitated and turned to look at Stiles before answering, "Looks like it."

"Scott, the other night seeing my dad get hit over the head by Matt, and seeing Sadie almost die from getting shot, you know, while i'm just lying there and I can't even move, it's just— I want to help, you know, but I can't do the things that you can do."

"It's okay," Scott says while watching his best friend tear up at the memory of what happened the other night.

"We're losing, dude."

Coach suddenly appeared out of nowhere behind the two friends, "What the hell are you talking about? Game hasn't even started. Now put on your helmet and get out there. You're in for Greenberg."

"What? What happened to Greenberg?" Stiles asked, totally confused.

"He sucks. You suck slightly less."

"I'm playing? On the field? With the team?"

"Yes, unless you'd rather play with yourself," Coach said, jokingly.

In all seriousness Stiles said, "I already did that today, twice."

"Get the hell out there!" Coach yelled into his ear while Scott laughed.

Meanwhile Sadie finally made her way to the game and the field came into her view. She was incredibly nervous and had no idea what was going to go down tonight. All she knew was that she had to be there to help her friends. She saw an open spot next to Stiles and Scott's parents and went up to greet them.

"Hey! Mind if I sit by you guys?"

"Of course not! Please sit," Sheriff Stilinski said.

If either of her friends parents were suspicious or confused by her miraculous recovery they didn't let on.

Damon must've compelled them, she thought to herself.

Sadie's eyes followed each player on the team until she found Stiles playing on the field, surprisingly. She mentally congratulated him and then her eyes wandered over to Scott, who was siting on the bench. He had an intense stare as if he was listening to someone. Sadie's eyes frantically moved around before she found Scott's reasoning for the way he was acting, Gerard.

Gerard stood off to the side silently speaking to himself, but Sadie knew he was speaking to Scott.

While Sadie watched the interaction Scott listened to everything Gerard was saying to him.

"Let's put a real clock on this game, Scott," Gerard said from across the field, knowing Scott would be able to hear him, "i'll give you  until the last 30 seconds. When that scoreboard clock begins counting down from 30, if you haven't given me Derek, then Jackson is gonna kill someone. So tell me, Scott, who's gonna die tonight? Should it be your mother, who so bravely came out to support you? Or the sheriff, your best friends father? Or how about the the newest member to your pack, who managed to recover from a bullet and surgery in less than a day?  Or maybe one of these innocent teenagers with their whole life ahead of them? Or should I do everyone a favor and kill that ridiculous coach? Its up to you Scott, but you are going to help me take Derek down. Because if you don't i'll have Jackson rip someone's head off right in the middle of the field and drench everyone you love and care about in blood."