Come Back

-Scott-

It's been 6 months. Mitch is still in a coma. There is no progress. The doctors tell me they wanna pull the plug. I won't let them. It can't happen. I need him. Marley and the twins need him. He can't die.

"I just gave him his medicine." Mitch's nurse told me.

"So you'll be back in 2 hours."

"Yessir. Be good okay, honey?"

"Okay."

"Go eat some lunch. I heard they have your favorite today."

"Thank you Sally."

"You're welcome Scott." I watched as she left the room. It makes me sad that I'm so close to these people. The fact that I know them like a friend because I'm here everyday bothers me. I hate coming here everyday but I need to see Mitch before it's too late. I hope it'll never be too late. I need him back.
-
"Mitchy. Please come back to me." I held onto Mitch's hand as they slid more medicine into his IV. Sally looked at me with so much sympathy, it hurt.

"Okay Scott. I'll be back in 2 hours."

"Okay. Bye." She left and I looked back to Mitch, "Mitch, honey, I need you. Marley needs you. The twins need you. You only saw them for a week before you went. I'm so sorry. I need you to wake up sweetheart. I love you Mitchy. So much." I took a break and held my face in my hands. I sobbed for what seemed like forever until I regained myself.

"Mitch. My lovely husband. The amazing father to my three beautiful children. I love you. With all my heart baby. I..." I let out a loud sob, "I miss you. So much." I squeezed his hand tight and then kissed the top of it, "I want you back. I need you back. I miss you more than you could ever know. The, uh, doctors tell me they wanna pull the plug. Yeah, they uh, wanna let you go Mitch. But I won't let it happen. You can fight this. You will fight this. We'll get through it. Together. I love you so much hun. So much."