Sick

-Mitch-

"Mitch. Are you okay?" Scott asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"You don't look so good hun. You're all sweaty and look really tired." I was sitting at the kitchen table. I had been for 5 hours. I didn't sleep last night.

"Yes. I'm fine Scott. I'm just tired."

He came over and sat next to me with a coffee cup in his hand. He grabbed my hand with his free one, "Are you sure? You look sick, and tired too but. Did you sleep last night Mitch?"

I shook my head, "I couldn't. The babies were kicking like crazy and I threw up three times. Every hour not just in total. But I'm okay."

"Honey. You're due in 2 months. You need to be healthy to have these babies sweetheart."

"I know. I know that Scotty. What do you want me to do? I can't magically get better if I want to. Because believe me, I would. I want my babies to be okay. If I'm not healthy, they may not be okay. And then it'd be my fault, again."

"Your fault?"

"Think about it. I lost Samantha at 6 months along and I'm only 1 month further! I could lose these babies. Or even just one. I can't go through that again Scott."

"Samantha?"

"Oh. It slipped I'm sorry."

"You had a name for her?"

"Yes. I did. Her name was Samantha, Rose."

"That's Marley's middle name."

"I know. I did that on purpose. In honor of Sam."

"Oh Mitch."

"I'll be okay. I'll rest as much as I can. We need to go to the store and get me some meds though. Okay?"

"Make me a list and I'll go today. Make one right now and I'll go when you're done." He got up and grabbed a notepad and a pen then sat back down and handed them to me.

-Scott-

"There isn't that much here sweetie. Are you sure you don't need more?"

"I'm sure. That's all I could think of that'll do the job. Thank you so much though honey. I appreciate it."

"Oh for sure. You're so welcome. Even if you weren't pregnant and you being healthy would help the babies. I'm you're husband, and I love you."

"I love you too. Hurry home, okay?"

"I will." I hung up the phone and proceeded to get what Mitch put on the list. The quite short list.

"Are you finding everything okay?" I turned around and was met by a young woman.

"Uh yes. Do you know what could help a sick, and pregnant, uh person?"

"Just a lot of rest and vitamins too. Here." She handed me a bottle of vitamins.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Is it your wife that's pregnant?"

"Uh no. My husband. He's pregnant with twins. He's due in 2 months and he's sick and we're very worried."

"Oh congratulations. I'm happy for you. I hope he gets better and good luck with your babies."

"Thank you."
-
"Honey! I'm home!"

"Oh you're so cute." Mitch called from the couch.

"I have all of your medicine, and I asked a woman who worked there and she said to get a lot of rest and take these vitamins." I handed him the bottle of vitamins and a bottle of water.

"Thank you so much love. I'm gonna go take a nap."

I helped him up and walked him to the bedroom, "Sleep well sweetie. I'll be here when you wake up." I kissed him and tucked him in before leaving the room.