[10]

"Good morning souma, what are you doing?" Hoshi said while leaning against the door frame. She can listen to footsteps walking towards the dining room.

"Morning Hoshi! I'm going to challenge senpai to a fight for elite ten-seat!" souma reply enthusiastically. Hoshi just sighs and walk towards souma. She said,

"Souma, there are rules in this academy. In regards to everything- you need to do Shokugeki."

"Shokugeki? How do you... oh yeah, 'reading'"

"Yep, so calm down and let's have breakfast. Senpai, could you please help us by explaining the whole Shokugeki thing?" she said, looking at Isshiki who was behind her.

"Yeah, sure. I will explain in regards to challenges in Totsuki academy" Isshiki nodded as he agreed to Hoshi's request.

-CS-

"So even if I agreed to drop out, the Shokugeki still can't happen as its not of equal exchange agreed by both parties, right?" Souma asked. Isshiki nodded before continuing his explanation.

"Yes. To summarize, your challenge is not feasible. And you see, it's not like we can just do it. For a challenge, you need 3 things. An authorized person that can prove the challenge is official, an odd number of judges, and that both parties agree on this challenge condition. By fulfilling that, the challenge is arranged. Those that oppose each other must make others admit defeat with their cooking. Totsuki traditional one-on-one cooking challenge. And the name is Shokugeki"

"Shokugeki..." Souma mutters slowly.

"Yep, so understand now souma? It's pretty similar to the ones we did back then, only that it has additional rules." Hoshi concluded as she finished her breakfast.

"You've guys done that before?" asked Isshiki, who was curious of their backgrounds since last night. Hoshi nodded and said,

"Kinda similar. We have one-on-one cook a lot. But its for training purpose of course."

"How interesting..." isshiki thought to himself. Now, he is even more curious about their mentor's background.

Seemingly snapped from his thought, souma said,

"Say, so what are you going to do today Hoshi? If you don't have anything, let's have another cook fight today"

"Nope. I won't be doing that today. I will be visiting some societies today. There's few that I'm interested in. I believe Megumi-chan can help you with that? Right?"

"Yeah, I was planning to show him after class, will you be joining us, Hoshi?"

"I'm afraid not. We're of a different class, hence our class will probably be ended at different time. So don't worry Megumi-chan, I will head to a few societies myself afterwards."

"Oh.. alright then" Megumi was hopeful that Hoshi will tag along but unfortunately, Hoshi has no intention of letting herself getting dragged with Souma's first Shokugeki with 'the meat master' after this. Too much trouble so to say.

"I will take my leave first everyone. Bye~" Hoshi said, cleaning up her plates and head straight to her room- getting ready for class.

-CS-

"Ah~ I want to challenge Nakiri soon," said souma as he walked side by side with Megumi. Megumi nervously reply,

"Y-you have no chances of winning that"

And so they continue their journey to the academy ground while being watched by isshiki from afar. Isshiki said, "fufu, I can't wait to see what happened next... I mean he tied with me, the 7th seat. He will surely get a good result"