[4]

"?!" Hoshi was taken aback for a bit. Right when she exited the storeroom, she was greeted by her father only to see something floating on top of his head. She squinted her eyes for a bit and clearly saw...

Shuga Amemiya. Head chef of Moonlight Diner. Level ??

Noticing her daughter squinted her eyes, he asked,

"Are you alright Hoshi?" he was quite concerned with the look Hoshi gives. Did she perhaps... shortsighted?

Flustered, Hoshi immediately shakes her head. And reply,

"It's ok dad. Just can't see clearly, ahaha. Umm, I will go to mom now" and she immediately walked away. Need to quickly walk away before he asked something- after all, she is still not that good at concealing her emotion from openly shown.

Though, Shuga just watches as Hoshi walked away, ponders when he will take her to have medical checkup- and possibly, eye checkup too.

-CS-

"Mom~ I'm back from helping dad. Is there anything else that I can do?" she asked as soon as she saw Kaoru's face. Kaoru, looking up from her work, smile,

"It's alright. I have already finished with the last one. Thank you, Hoshi. How about you seat here, opposite of this counter? I will make you some juice"

"Juice? Yummy~ thanks mom" she replied and immediately reply. She was a bit thirsty after all.

"Juice, juice, yummy juice~" she hummed happily, though her eyes sneakily read the floating title on Kaoru's head.

Kaoru Amemiya. Sous chef of Moonlight diner. Level ??

'Hmm, the unknown symbol for the level, it's probably because of the level difference. And sous chef is the one that helps the head chef in the kitchen right? Interesting. The level could be a numerical value that indicates the personal skill level. That's good.'

"Here you go Hoshi, a glass of orange juice."

"Thanks, mom!" 

"Thanks, mom!" 

And so she drinks the orange juice. The taste of fresh orange with a tinge of sourness blends nicely really lift up her mood- and quench her thirst. Then, the sound of the door sliding open and a voice called out.

"Yo, Kaoru. It's nice to see you all well"

She just ignored the voice of a man who seems to know her mom. This is probably her acquaintances she told me this morning.

"Ah! Joichiro! And Souma-kun. It's nice to see you again."

Hoshi immediately flips her head towards the entrance.

There, a man at his 30's? 40's? Standing there with a little boy, smile kindly. The little boy has red hair with beautiful golden eyes. And has the name of Souma.