f o u r

dinner was awkward as fuck, to say the least. she didn't even order for you, you ordered yourself completely out of the norm, not to mention you had to make conversation. it was forced.

"a salad?" you asked as her food came. "why a sal-"

"not hungry," she mumbled. you sighed and spun your spoon around your bowl.

"uh-" she cleared her throat.

"hm?"

she looked at you, pushing her hair behind her ear. "kenny, i told you, i don't rem-"

"were you that wasted to not remember you slept with someone?" she hissed. you nodded.

"yes! kendall, yes, i was that wasted," you said. she shook her head and rolled her eyes. "ken, i don't remember it, does she remember it, i don't-"

"i dont know but i'm sure as hell asking her why she didn't tell me that she fucked my girlfriend," she snapped. you winced and she lowered her voice. "that just isn't fair to me, neither of you-"

"i didn't," you paused. "i didn't fucking remember till now," you hissed. she shook her head and sat back in her chair. "i like you, a lot, you know that, and if i had something with bella that meant something, i wouldn't be with you, kendall."

"yeah," she breathed out.

"and if i remembered that i had any sort of relationship with bella, i would've told you from the get go, kenny, i thought you knew me better than that," you sighed, her face started to soften.

"yeah."

"and im sorry, i never- i wasn't even in the right mindset- hell i was fucking wasted, i don't remember till a few years later," you sighed. she nodded.

"i know, i-" she ended it with a nod. "I know, i know you wouldn't lie or, or, no, i know, i overreacted a bit, sorry," she mumbled. you shook your head, taking her hand on the table.

"you didn't overreact, i would've done the same baby," you said. she sighed, looking away, gripping your hand. "its okay, talk to bels about it and i swear on my life, i don't remember it, and right now, i only, only like you." she looked back at you. she nodded. "im so-"

"enough with the apologizing," you said, moving her salad away. "let's share my soup," you said with a smile.

"we're sharing the entrees too?" she asked, taking her spoon.

"hell no, i just feel bad that you got a salad when i know you don't like them."

bella paced her room for a bit. clearly, you didn't remember. you were drunk. is that taking advantage of you? she never really thought she'd have to deal with it again. she thought you'd forgotten, she was trying to forget, she thought it was done.

wrong.

she hadn't taken advantage of you if you'd initiated it, right? she kept telling herself that. but you also legally couldn't give consent while under the influen- oh my god she was screwed.

she heard the front door shut several hours later and stayed in her room, scared you were with her, but you weren't cuz kendall popped her head in. "bels?"

bella turned to her best friend. kendall stepped in, hands running through her hair. "did you talk to her about it?" bella asked. she told herself she didn't care. but they both knew she did.

"yeah," kendall sighed. "why didn't you think to bring up the fact that you had sex too?" bella stopped.

"i-" she paused. kendall shook her head. "no ken-"

"no it's fine, its none of my business anyway, it was before her and i- yeah, i'll get over it," kendall exhaled loudly as she paused. "its okay, really, if you'd told me before i wouldn't even dated her and i would've never even known her like this and shit, its okay," kendall said. bella sheepishly nodded.

"sorry, ken."

"nothing to apologize for," kendall sighed. "you're good with us dating though, yeah, you're my friend and nothing gets between us, yeah?" bella looked up at her.

"yeah."