Chapter 19

It's been a few months since Kara left earth to live in Argo City. She didn't need much time to get used to her new surroundings and to get to know her old best friend. Thara Ak-Var.

One evening she got invited from her to dinner with her husband and a friend she wanted her to meet.

"Hay! Sorry I am a little bit late."

"Kara, hay. It's ok, our friend isn't here yet. Come in."

Ten minutes later their friend arrived.

"Luc, come in. Kara this is Luc. Luc this is Kara."

"Kara? Kara Zor-El?"

"Yeah," Shy, Kara takes his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you, I heard much about you."

"And I heard nothing about you," Her gaze wanders to her friend, who smiled at her in an excuse.

"So you've been a hero on this other planet?"

"Earth, yeah I was."

It's been a nice evening. They ate and talked about different things.

"It's pretty late, I think I will go home again."

"Oh yeah, be safe Kara!"

"I will."

"If you wait a minute I can keep you company on the way."

Grinning, Thara looks up to her. He's nice, so do it Kara! You two would be such a cute couple!

"Oh yeah sure, if you want."

Together they went back to Kara's home. She lived with her mum, since she didn't want to leave her again after she finally got her back.

"It was a wonderful evening," Luc starts.

"It really was."

"So... I wondered... do you have a mate?"

"No, not really, why?," Overwhelmed, Kara stopped.

"Well, can I take you to dinner?"

"Tomorrow?"

"If you have time, sure."

"Yeah, yeah why not."

"Perfect!," Smiling, he grabs her hand.

Confused, Kara let him. What am I supposed to do? Lena broke up with me, so I'm single. I can be with whoever I want.

The next day he stood in front of their house with flowers in his hands. Her mum opens the door for him.

"Hay Luc!"

"Hay, is Kara there? We wanted to have dinner together."

"Oh yeah, I'll get her. Are these for her? I can put them into water."

"That would be nice."

"Just wait a minute," She takes the flowers, puts them into water and calls for her daughter.

Quickly, Kara comes into the room.

"Luc is here, why didn't you tell me that you're seeing someone?"

"I'm not, he asked me yesterday. Thara wanted me to meet him."

"And... what's with Lena?," She knew that her daughter loves her. Never before she dared to ask for the girl that stole her daughters heart. She wondered why Kara came alone, why she cried herself into sleep every night, but if she was honest with herself she already knew.

"It's... Well she broke up with me. She didn't love me as much as we though as it seems."

"Oh Kara, I'm so sorry..."

"It's ok mum, I have to go now."

"Have fun!"

"Thanks, bye mum, love you."

"There you are, hay."

"Hay, let's go."

They had a wonderful time together, it got later and later, the night started hours ago.

"I think I will go now, I think my mum would get worried if I stay to long," She gets up and grabs her jacket.

"Wait!," He holds on to her hand, so she can't leave.

Questioning, she looked down to him. He didn't give her a chance to say something, he just pulled her into a passionate kiss.

It took Kara a while to kiss him back. The last lips she kissed were Lena's. Compared to her soft lips, his meant nothing to her. There were no feelings, no butterflies, nothing.

"My house is not far from here," He whispers to her.

Not thinking about it, she goes with him. Every here and there he placed a kiss on her lips or stroke with his hand under her shirt. At his house he didn't waste more time and throws himself on her.

What are you doing here Kara? This is wrong. But... it kinda feels good, maybe I should just give in. There's nothing that would hold me back. Lena is gone and I'm a free and single woman.

She let herself sink into the kiss and pushed her thoughts away. Luc pulled her up, causing her to wrap her legs around his waist, and carries her to his bedroom.

. . .

The next morning Kara immediately regret what she did. Careful, she crawls out of his bed and grabs her clothe. Without making noises she sneaks out of his house.

Back at her home, her mum already waited for her.

"Kara."

"Mum, please not now."

"You need to talk about it."

"About what? I'm good mum."

"About Lena! I can see that you're not ok."

"I'm good, just... drop it."

"Kara, talk to me."

"Why?! I told you, I'm fine! What would you do when your love leaves you and won't see you anymore?! I don't want to talk about it!"

Her mum tried to say something, but Kara cut her off.

"I tried mum, I tried to fight. But it was useless. She doesn't want to see me, she doesn't want me."

"You can't just give up, I can't believe she doesn't love you."

"She does, but I lied to her, I hurt her. She won't forgive me and I can't change that! So please, drop it."

>A/N
Hay guys! Check out my new story! ( Your secrets die with you, don't they? )