Chapter 18

Eventually some trigger warning
(throwback to the time when Lena was hold captured)

Again, Lena felt the pain in her chest. Every time she thought about Kara her heart cramped. She wanted to feel her comforting and safe arms around her again.

Once again the panic took over, the dark night remembered her of the small room she was kept hostage in.

Slowly, her eyes got used to the dark light around her. Her gaze wandered through the room. Knifes surrounded her along with other torture tools.

Her body was covered with blood and open wounds.

The door opened and her torturer steps into the room. She knew he would hurt her again.

"Please let me go," She tried hopeless.

Without a word he grabs a knife and steps in front of her.

"Please..."

Laughing, he pushed the knife through her skin, causing her to scream in pain.

"Stop! Please!"

Slowly, he pulls the knife through her old wounds, causing them to bleed again.

"Please..."

"Shut up!"

"Please let me go."

"I said shut up!"

Angry, he starts to punch her. Tears escape her eyes. The pain floods her body, allowing her eyes to go black.

"Shut the fuck up!"

Finally, he stopped, just to release her from the chains and pull her out of the room.

"Move!"

He pulled her through the hallway and into another room, there he pushed her to the ground.

"Eat, I'll come back in 10 Minutes," With that he leaves her alone.

Every day he brought her to the room. Inside some food and enough water to drink and clean her wounds.

Quickly, Lena got up and grabbed the food. While eating she tried to clean her wounds. Crying, she let the water fall over her body.

She wants to go home again. Hope already left her days ago.

Carefully, she examined her wounds. She had several on her arms and legs, a few deeper wounds on her shoulder and stomach, besides some more bruises all over her body and a cracked lip.

"When does this end?"

She didn't know what he wanted from her. She didn't even know him, his face was completely new for her. He talked about revenge and that she destroyed his life, but she never harmed someone. At least not on purpose.

A few minutes later, he came back. But this time it was different. Without a word a throw some fresh clothe, a towel and fresh water bottles on the ground.

"Clean yourself and get changed."

"Why...?"

"Do as I say!," He doesn't allow any arguments and leaves her again.

As he said, Lena continues to clean her wounds and her body. Finally, she had the chance to wash all the blood from her body. After so many days she finally felt somehow clean again.

Careful, she puts the clothe on. Her wounds scratch and hurts under the material. Then she waited for him to come back. Is he moving their location again?

When he came back, he aggressively grabbed her arm and pulled her with him. She got pulled into a car.

"Make a noise and I kill you."

Nodding, she sits down and stares out of the window.

It's in the middle of the night, she could see the moon and the stars in the sky.

"Where are we going?"

"I haven't allowed you to talk, so shut up."

After a while, he stopped the car. Turning her face up, she saw a man with a pregnant woman at the side of the street. They're standing next to a car and are waving to them.

"Don't try something or I'll kill your friend," Pointing to the stalker pictures he took from her and Kara, he opened his window, "Hay, can we help you?"

"Our car won't start again, my wife is pregnant and we wanted to drive to her parents. Could you give us a ride to the next city?"

"Yeah sure, jump in."

He turns again to Lena, giving her a warning gaze "Shut up or I'll kill them both!" he gave her a jacket to cover her wounded arms. Quickly, Lena put it on.

"Thanks man, you saved our day."

"No problem!," He started the engine and started to drive again.

"Where are you from?," The man in the back asked.

"My wife and I are from the north side of the country," With a fake smile he turns too Lena, "We're just driving though the country before we start our little family, right honey?," He put his hand on her leg and squeezed it, causing a painful face and a quickly nod of Lena.

"Oh wow, so you two are enjoying your alone time before some little feeds are running through the house."

"Exactly."

They continue their conversation full of lies. Lena had to bite her tongue. She wanted to give them a sign, but she knew he would fulfil his threats. She didn't want to have the blood of an unborn child on her hands.

An hour later they reached the next city and the two got out of the car again.

"Again, thanks man!"

"It wasn't such a big problem, it was on the way."

"Still. Hey! Don't you two want to grab some food? We would love to make it up to you."

"Oh no, it's fine. Actually, we have to drive again, it's still a long way."

"Well, ok, thanks!"

"Bye!"

With that he left the two and drove away.

The sun starts to rise again when they finally arrived at their destination. Loaded, he pulled her out of the car and through the door. Inside he pushed her into a little cage.

"Because you were so obedient, you will get some rest before I start my revenge."

Lena's heart felt like it would burst, just the memory of the little cage made her shiver. How long was she in there? Hours? Days? Weeks?

She tried to push these memories away and bury them deep down inside her. But it didn't work. Every time she heard some weird noise or was alone in the dark they came back and rushed through her mind.

She wanted to feel safe again, she was done with feeling this way. She wanted to be this strong woman again that she knew is somewhere inside her. Her thought wandered to Kara again.

Ok no, stop Lena. She's gone. You need to get better on your own.