Chapter 16

"Kara, what happened?," Alex arrived not many minutes after her sister called her crying. She couldn't understand what she was talking about, so she just decided to pay her a visit.

"Lena... she... I...," Crying she buries her head in her hands.

"Hay, calm down."

"I... I told her..."

"And as it seem she didn't took it well?"

"No... she broke up..."

Alex sits down next to her sister and pulls her into a hug. She strokes over her back and kiss her forehead.

"It's ok."

"She will never forgive me Alex..."

"You don't know that, give her time."

"No you didn't saw her face. Maybe I should leave..."

"You mean to Argo City?"

Kara nods and pulls away from the hug.

"Maybe it is better, I can be there who I am and I don't have to hide..."

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I will miss you too."

The next day Kara already talked to James and told him that she would take a few weeks to "find herself".

They throw her a little goodbye party. Lena tried to stay away, but she had to come in for some paper work. Hesitant, she stayed in a corner.

"Lena... hay," Slowly, Kara walked over to her.

"Hay... you're leaving?"

"Yeah, I don't know if I'll come back."

"So... It's a goodbye?"

"For the time being, yes."

Hesitant, they pull the other into a hug. Both don't want to let go again and press the other to their body.

"Be safe Kara..."

"You too Lena..."

"I love you..."

"And I love you..."

Both try to hide their tears. Brushing over their eyes they loosen the hug again.

Quickly, Kara leaves CatCo and makes her way to the DEO. There they also made a little surprise party for her.

"Guys, you don't have to do that."

"We do," Alex steps to her sister and pulls her into a hug, "I already miss you so much."

"Don't make me cry."

After long hugs and goodbyes Kara finally sat with J'onn in his ship.

"Thanks for joining me."

"I'll just stay a few days, not long."

"Still, thank you."

J'onn stayed just the first days before he headed back to earth. Kara took time to get to know her old friends and explore her old home.

Meanwhile on earth:

Lena suffered under the loose of her only friend. She drank every night, not just to fill the emptiness inside her, no. She tried to avoid the flashbacks of her torture. Since Kara was gone she didn't felt safe anymore. She was scared and helpless. She regrets every word she said to her, but she knew she couldn't change it.

It's better this way. I have to learn to get over my panic on my own. I'm strong, I can do it!

While Lena suffered every day on her own, Alex and Sam had the best time of their lives. If they would have known about Lena, they would have been there for her. But they didn't. And so unfair it was, they were happy together and enjoyed every minute together.