Chapter 4: Smiles, Puzzles, and Snow

Once he opened the door, he was hit with a cold and snowy breeze that made him feel a shiver go throughout his body.

After a few minutes of getting used to the cold, he walked through the doorway and closed it behind him. He looked around and found himself on a large path in the forest that was completely covered with snow.

After enjoying the scenery, he decided that it was best to continue forward than to stay out in the snow. So he walked forward and hoped to find something that would lead him to civilization.

He continued to walk down the path until he had come across a branch in the way. He tried to pick it up but instead a message popped up saying,

(*It's a tough-looking branch. It's too heavy to pick up.*)

Upon discovering that the branch was not moveable, he ignored it and continued to walk down the path. Then he heard a loud *SNAP* coming from behind him.

He looked over his shoulder and saw that the sturdy branch was snapped in half. This sent chills down his spine, so instead of investigating, he continued down the path and what looked like a poorly built gate was in the way of the path.

He raised an eyebrow at the gate.

Y/n: ¨Is this supposed to stop someone? Maybe it isn't done yet.¨

Before he could continue through the gate, he heard footsteps in the snow behind him, he was frozen in fear, he couldn't move a muscle until the sound of the footsteps had stopped right behind him.

Then he heard a voice that was deep, almost gravely say,

???: ¨Human. Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Turn around and shake my hand.¨

With fear still flowing through his body, he turned around slowly, but before he could see who was behind him, his eyelids subconsciously closed, but thanks to the light that was reflected off of the snow and went to his eyelids, allowed him to see a silhouette of the person that was now in front of him.

The person then held out their hand and with a little hesitation, Y/n raised his arm and clasped the person's hand with his.

(*Long Whoopee cushion deflation sound*)

This made him curious, so he opened his eyes and saw a short skeleton wearing a blue hoodie with white fluff on the lip of the hood with a white shirt, black shorts with a white stripe on both sides of the shorts, and pink slippers.

The skeleton's smile was wide as he said,

???: ¨hehe... the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. It's ALWAYS funny. Anyways, you're a human, right? That's hilarious."

Sans: "Anyways, I'm Sans. Sans the skeleton. What's your name, pal?¨

Y/n was speechless as he stared at the walking-talking skeleton in front of him, and after a few moments of silence, Sans then asked again.