Prologue

¨Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth: Humans and Monsters.
One day, war broke out between the two races.
After a long battle, the Humans were victorious.
They sealed the Monsters underground with a magic spell.¨

Many Years Later... (Overside, 202X)

¨Legends say that those who climb the mountain never return.¨
.
.
.
.

It was a rainy Monday afternoon, everything was wet, the streets of Overside were nearly flooded, but thanks to the rusty storm drains that sat on every street corner, it was safe enough for the adults to go back and forth to work.

On the outskirts of this small town was a border of trees and shrubbery, and past that point, laid a huge mountain with the famous rumor that was known throughout Overside.

Its name was MT. EBOTT. It was the battleground of a war that broke out between Humans and Monsters which was many years ago.

The rumor that was pinned to MT. EBOTT was that 'Legends say, those who climb the mountain never return.'

But, one boy was curious about the truth of the rumor about MT. EBOTT, so he decided to find out the truth for himself and began his ascension to the top of the mountain. The boy was taller than his peers back at the orphanage, they always looked at him like he was some clown that belonged in a circus or a freak show, though he didn't really pay attention to them.

The boy's foot slipped and he fell into a small puddle of rain that had gathered, his pants and shirt were both covered in mud and rain. Though his clothes were already soaked in the first place because he didn't bring an umbrella, he couldn't find any in the orphanage, and he really didn't have time to find one anyway, he had to sneak away from the rest of the group as they were distracted.

The boy got back up, brushed as much of the mud off of him as possible and continued to walk up the mountain. The rain continued to shower him which caused his (H/l) (H/c) to lay flat against his head, his clothes to stick to his skin. He wiped away the rain that got into his (E/c) eyes that wasn't caught by his now wet hair which also caused his shoes to be filled with water.

But, he was too DETERMINED to turn back before he could find out the truth, so he pressed onward. It was a while before he got to the top because the rain made it a little difficult for him to walk up the mountain. When he finally made it to the top, he was faced with a giant hole that opened up to the inside of the mountain-like sinkhole.

Around the edge of the hole laid tangled vines, stones, and moss that had formed from years of neglect by the adults.

The boy then had the sudden urge to take a look down the hole, he began walking toward it, but then his foot got snagged underneath of one of the vines and he began to fall forward, but instead of him landing on the ground, he fell into the hole which made his descent into the mountain seem like it took hours.

The boy watched in fear as the light from the hole he had fallen through began to fade as he continued to descend further and further into MT. EBOTT.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
THUD!

("❄︎☟︎☜︎ 👍︎✡︎👍︎☹︎☜︎ 👍︎⚐︎☠︎❄︎✋︎☠︎🕆︎☜︎💧︎ ⚐︎☠︎👍︎☜︎ ✌︎☝︎✌︎✋︎☠︎.")