22- into the unknown

___________________ARIA'S POV- Present Day -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Present Day -

It was a huge relief that Finnick was okay— well, as okay as he can get.

Those Jabberjays really got to his head, especially when he first saw me after the whole thing. His eyes were wild with horror and anger that was directed at me, but it was never anything personal. The Capitol twisted their way into his head and he mistook me for one of their horrific creations; I could never hold that against him.

Once we got back to the beach Finnick went and sat straight in the water. I left him alone just so he could calm down a little bit and hopefully feel better.

Currently Finnick is still sitting in the water as Beetee starts thinking of a plan. I watch Finnick carefully, observing his body language and how he might be feeling. What I can't stop thinking about that he loves me— Finnick Odair loves me.

I guess I can't wrap my head around it. I can't wrap my head around that he kissed me and his feelings are reciprocated. It makes me so happy like I'm on cloud nine.

"I have a plan," Beetee speaks up.

"Finnick!" I call. He gets up, droplets hitting the water as he stands. When Finnick reaches the group he pulls me into his side which causes a huge smile to place itself onto my face.

"Where does Enobaria feel safest; the jungle?" Beetee asks.

"The jungle's a nightmare. I'm pretty sure no one could disagree with me there," Johanna replies, shrugging.

"Definitely can't." I shudder, remembering the monkeys and their putrid smell. Finnick tightens his grip on me.

"Probably here on the beach," Peeta says.

"Then why is she not here?"

"Because we are, we claimed it. But either way can't we just kill her? Brutus is dead and I'm sure we could kill Enobaria off easily," Johanna adds.

"Brutus may be dead but Careers are tactical and determined. Enobaria is probably coming up with some kind of plan right as we speak."

"But what kind of plan?" I question, unsure.

"A plan to kill you, Aria," Katniss suddenly answers, looking to the sand before meeting my eyes.

Finnick tenses beside me, his grip strengthening on his trident. His jawline is sharp as it clenches at Katniss' haunting answer.