7- walk?

___________________ARIA'S POV- Present Day -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Present Day -

After the incident in the Training Centre I decided to head to the roof, needing to collect my thoughts.

The cool breeze threads through my hair as I sigh. I really don't know how to feel after what Brutus said. It's gotten to my head and I wish it didn't.

Would anyone have actually cared if I succeeded 4 years ago? If Finnick didn't save me would I have even been remembered? Do my parents think of me as a killer, a monster, created by the Capitol? I wish I could know the answer to put my mind at peace.

That when I begin to sing, the only way that I can ease my mind.

And it's the fight, and the fight of our lives
You and I, we were made to thrive

And I am your future, I am your past
Never forget that we were built to last

Step out of the shadows and into my life
Silence the voices that haunt you inside

And just say the word, we'll take on the world
And just say you're hurt, we'll face the worst

Nobody knows you, the way that I know you
Look in my eyes, I will never desert you

And just say the word, we'll take on the world, we'll take on the world

"I didn't know you could sing," Finnick speaks as he walks up beside me and leans over the railing.

"I guess we all have our hidden talents," I say, looking down at the streets of the Capitol emotionlessly.

I fall silent, not even looking over to face Finnick who watches me worriedly. I fiddle with my fingers in an attempt to distract myself.

"What did Brutus say to you?" Finnick asks cautiously.

I don't respond, ignoring his question and his stare, continuing to play with my fingers. His hand is placed on top of mine which ultimately stops me from fiddling. My gaze locks with his and I can't find myself to lie or look away.

"He spoke about Dakota and how I killed him, that my parents would now see as a monster for it. He also taunted me saying that no one would've cared if I did end my life all those years ago," I sigh shakily, swallowing the tears back.

"He's trying to get into your head Aria. It's not true what he said, okay?"

"But Finnick, he's right. I became a monster as soon as I killed Dakota. I murdered him just to survive, I became what the Capitol, what Snow, wanted me the become." I bite my gum to control my raging emotions inside of me.