11- go time

___________________ARIA'S POV- Present Day -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Present Day -

The countdown flashes on a screen in front of me. I take a deep breath, preparing to spring forward as soon as the gong goes off.

10...

You got this. Just get to the weapon and find Finnick.

9...

Remember your mission. He lives, not you. He wins, not you.

8...

Where is he though? Please get to the Cornucopia alive Finnick.

7...

You're dead Brutus.

6...

No matter what I do your head will be at the end of my spontoon.

5...

You want a game Snow? I'll give you one.

4...

Mum.

3...

Dad.

2...

Finnick.

1...

I'll make you proud.

The gong sounds.

I dive headfirst into the waves, my body adjusting quickly to the feeling of warm water at my sides.

I propel myself through the water, kicking my legs and swinging my arms to push forward and to the rock platform. I press harder when Finnick flashes in my mind and my desperation feeds power to my muscles.

The ground suddenly becomes uneven and rocky at my feet as soon as the reach the path. I hoist myself up and book it to the Cornucopia. I sprint as fast as my legs can take me.

I appear to be one of the first out of the water, but yet I don't know who's around on the other side of the large metal structure. I don't think about it much as the glint of my spontoon catches my eye; calling me.

I try my best not to slip on the rocks, and I succeed when I reach and tear the weapon from the rack, twisting around to face any threats. But I come face to face with an arrow aimed and ready.