20- him

___________________ARIA'S POV- Present Day -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Present Day -

The pounding in my ears is clear as I push my exhausted and aching form to its limits. I've already over exerted every muscle and tendon in my beaten body. Blood still trickles down the side of my face from Brutus' punch and my ribs are definitely heavily bruised, didn't help that Katniss kicked the exact spot not long ago. But yet I leap over fallen branches to get to the person I need most right now.

There's a pull, exactly like the one Finnick and I felt a few hours ago on the beach. I can't seem to explain it, but I know I feel it everywhere in my body. I always knew I had some kind of feelings for Finnick, but I tried to ignore them as much as possible. I didn't want to risk what we had created through the years, based on mutual respect and friendship.

Ahead I can hear and see leaves being frantically pushed out the way, rustling signalling someone is approaching. I should stop and hide, but I don't because I'm confident in who it is.

Their footfall is uneven and the bronze hair tells me who exactly it is as the leaves part to reveal Finnick. He looks around wildly, his head snapping side to side in panic, that is until his eyes meet mine and the whole world pauses.

The wind stops howling and the sounds of the jungle go quiet. My whole world is revolving around Finnick as we speak. It is only him that my mind is focused on, and only him that I care about. My heart hammers in my chest as he looks back at me with such fondness. Nothing can describe the way we look at one another right now, it's definitely vehement though.

My legs shake and I know that if I don't get to him now I will collapse. I need him more than I ever have in my life, so with that I make one final dash in his direction.

Finnick begins speeding over to me as fast as he can, his face covered in dirt and tears. His eyes never leave mine as we charge one another in desperation. I know what I need to do, what I feel as though is right to do. The distance closes and closes before it's fully gone and we collide.

He takes my head in his hands before we both smash our lips together. The feeling is instant, a feeling of suppressed love being shared between two beaten souls. Two souls that sought comfort from their pasts. Two souls that came together to keep each other alive. Two souls that fell in love even though they barely realised it themselves. For once everything seems as though it should be.

The kiss is so ethereal, gentle yet passionate as our lips move in sync. His tenderness. His taste. It's too beautiful to be true. The kiss is flawless, something better than what I could've ever imagined it to be.

The way his hands hold my face is delicate and soft, it makes me laugh emotionally against his lips. I never thought this would be happening right now, but I guess the emotional trauma we have each suffered in the past day has really taken a toll on us. From being separated by the fog to nearly being killed by Brutus, it really sparked something within both of us, that we have put off a moment like this for so long without even realising it.