Chapter 2 (rewritten)

Alright, second chapter! Let's do this! It's a little late at night, but I'm rewriting this and nothing can stop me!

...Except sleep. I'll probably have to sleep pretty soon.

-----

The next week passed fairly uneventfully. Error destroyed extra universes for six of the days, bringing his Balance close enough to-- well, balanced-- that even if he was incapacitated for a few months, the Multiverse wouldn't implode. On the last day before the trap was scheduled to be put into play, he rested, doing his best to recharge his magic.

For that last day, he was stuck in the Anti-VOID, laying half-buried amongst a pile of puppets, reading a book Blue had brought over.

And then the metaphorical sun set and rose again, and it was the day of the battle.

Error decided he should write a letter in case he died, telling the Dark Sanses what to do to maintain his Balance and take care of the Charas and Chara counterparts.

So he did.

If he was still there after the battle, he would destroy it.

Once the ink was dry, he folded the parchment and slipped it into an envelope, sealing it shut with magic. In long, flourishing handwriting, he addressed it

To Fresh, Nightmare and his gang, or Blue, whoever finds this first

and tucked it halfway under a box of puppets.

Just as he was standing up, a sharp pain in his SOUL brought him back to his knees, bracing himself against the non-existent floor of the Anti-VOID.

It passed quickly, as it always did, and he summoned a portal to the false universe Inky had just created.

As he took one (last) look at his 'home', the Voices whispering anxiously, he was glad he had given Blue his present earlier that day, instead of waiting.

He touched his friendship bracelet lightly, then took it off, wrapping his most attack-resistant strings around it and tying them around his sternum, so the cocooned bracelet rested near his SOUL. It had been a gift from Blue, back when Error had kidnapped him, and was made of one blue and three black threads, intricately braided to look like blue flowers on a black background. Blue wore an identical copy, but with opposite colours.

He smiled sadly, glad he had gotten real yarn for it, because his magic would dissipate if (when) he died.

As Error stepped through the portal and onto the rocky ground, corrupted Sans outfit carefully repaired to look his best (for his last battle), he suddenly dropped low, rolling to his right. An attack pierced the ground where he had stood a moment before. He closed his portal and prepared for a fight.

"HeH, c4n'T g3t Me Th4t 3a$iLy, 1nKbLoT." He glanced around, noting that not only were the Star Sanses there, but nearly a thousand other Sanses-- all copies, luckily, according to the Voices-- surrounded him, glaring with killing intent. "4h, 1 sTaNd CoRr3cTeD. 1nKbLoT aNd Fr1eNd$." Error was forced to dodge several Gaster Blasters, so he guessed they didn't really like his comment.

(Alright, now it's the morning. I finally went to sleep.)

The battle went on. Error got hit with one of Dream's arrows as he avoided a circle of Gaster Blasters, was unable to dodge a splatter of yellow paint while he surreptitiously grabbed a stray bone attack before it could hit Blue, and just in general dodged the bigger attacks but not the smaller ones. He almost never retaliated, though every few minutes or so a Sans would be pulled upwards by his strings, tied up and unable to attack.