Quackity Bullies You (Part 1)

Based off Quackity's desire to be portrayed as a bully in a fanfic.

Ah sh*t, here we go again, You think to yourself.

It's your first day of school and you have just moved to a new town. This isn't your first time starting fresh at a completely different school. Your family has been dragging you all over the country, unable to settle and unable to make friends. It pisses you off immensely, but you try not to let it show. Money has been hard for your parents lately so you know they're just trying their best to get back on their feet.

So for now, you're just going to have to deal with the feeling of never belonging. Who knows? Maybe this is the place you'll end up staying in. Best not to ruin your reputation before you've even built it.

You walk into the school and head straight for the office. A wiry woman sits at the front desk, blinking at her computer screen through giant square glasses. She doesn't look up as you lean against the desk, so you have to clear your throat in order to get her attention. The woman stares up at you, and then frowns upon seeing an unfamiliar face.

"New kid?" Her voice is croaky like a toad

You nod.

"Sign your name here." She slides a form across the desk. "Sabrina is waiting for you by the trophy case, she'll give you the layout of the school,"

"Thank you." You sign the form and go looking for the trophy case.

A pretty girl with dark hair stands there waiting for you. Upon seeing your mildly confused face she gives you a friendly grin.

"New kid!" She exclaims, "I am so glad you're here. You would not believe how excited everyone is! The whole school is talking about you!"

"W-what?"

Normally when you join a new school, nobody even bats an eye. Sometimes the teacher will make you say something to the class upon entry, but that's it. The thought of everyone thinking about you is terrifying. What are their expectations? Will you be able to fit in? A queasy feeling envelopes you just at the thought of it all.

Sabrina leads you down the main hallway. Even though you're pretty early, other students have started arriving. Every single person you pass stops to stare at you or whisper something to their friends. Despite this, you stare straight ahead. If there's one thing you've learned from all this moving around, it's to never let the whispers get to you. Or never let others see that they get to you, anyway.

Your mini tour of the school only takes about ten minutes. When it's finally over, you thank Sabrina for being so nice and allow her to walk you to your first class. Even though she's very friendly and polite, the novelty of your arrival seems to be wearing off on her. You can only hope that the rest of the school eventually does the same, otherwise you'll be in the spotlight for the rest of the year.

The two of you arrive at your Math class. Sabrina insists on coming in with you to introduce you to the teacher. But the second she steps through the door, she freezes. Her face suddenly goes completely slack.

"What is it?" You follow her gaze to a seat in the back corner of the room.

He's sitting with his feet on the desk in front of him, eyes fixated on his phone. It doesn't look like he's seen you yet, and that seems to be a good thing. Sabrina begins to back slowly out of the classroom.

"I-I've gotta go..." She says. "Um, enjoy your class!"

Then giving you one last terrified look, she hurries away. That's strange. Maybe she has a crush on that guy in the back or something? You figure it's best to just ignore her reaction and go talk to the teacher.

"Oh! You're the new student!" The teacher says, "Well hopefully you like us enough to stick around. Did you get all the materials you need?"

You nod.

"Perfect. Your seat is right over there in front of Alex,"

You follow the teacher's gaze to the seat right in front of the guy Sabrina had been so afraid of. Cautiously, you creep over to the desk and set your bag down. He doesn't even glance up from his phone. Perhaps this is a good thing because every single other person who enters the classroom immediately glances at you.

Thankfully, the teacher is human enough to avoid the whole 'stand-in-front-of-the-class-and-share-something-about-yourself' routine. But that doesn't stop the glances of your new classmates. The constant attempts to catch your eye, the occasional person who whispers out your name. Somehow they all know that already. All the attention is quite unsettling.

The only person who doesn't seem to care is the person behind you. The guy named Alex who's dressed all in black except for his blue hat. He completely ignores you the entire time, but he ignores everyone. At least someone is treating you like a normal person here. Or at least that's what you believe.

About halfway through the lesson, you feel it. A small, crumpled piece of paper bounces off your head and onto the floor. You pick it up and glance around to see where it had come from, but every single person was suddenly looking away. All of their faces were now serious, staring straight ahead at the teacher. Confused, you fold the whole thing open.

There are small words scribbled on the inside. Nothing hostile, just a note. The words themselves aren't sinister, but somehow they make you uneasy.

Welcome to my school, new kid.