Quackity straight up kills you

Yeah this is similar to the bike chapter but I have nothing better to do right now.

Tw: Death (obviously)

The gun trembles ever so slightly in Quackity's hand. You know he's scared, but you still shouldn't underestimate him when you're staring down the barrel of a handgun. This man has killed countless people, you aren't any different.

"Quackity," You whisper, "You don't want to do this,"

"Yes I do!" He hisses back through gritted teeth.

His face looks cold, ready to pull the trigger at a moment's notice. But there's something in his eyes that gives you a small amount of hope that you may make it out of this mess alive. It isn't sadness, nor pity. You would initially say it's fear, but once you dwell on it, that doesn't seem to be the case. Still, you can't place it.

"Why?" Is all you can ask.

"You know why,"

Your eyes once again make their way to the barrel of the gun, still aimed at you. Quackity must have noticed he was shaking because he quickly lifts another hand to steady his grip on the weapon. The shaking dissipates, and so does any confidence you have left.

"Is this really how you think it's going to end?" You ask, "Do you really think that my death will solve anything?"

A look of anger now rushes across his cold features. He draws closer.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

You step up to him and willingly place the end of the gun against your forehead. He doesn't frighten you. Death doesn't frighten you, either.

"This rage inside of you," You say with a gentle smile, "Burns bright like a fire in your heart, consuming your every thought, feeling and action. When I'm dead, what's left to fuel that fire? What will you become?"

"Shut up!" He commands.

You hear the click of him loading the chamber.

All you can do is close your eyes and whisper to him, softly.

"What are you without me, Quackity? You may kill me, but you won't get rid of me,"

"I said, shut up!!"

"Why should I?"

The cool metal pressed against your forehead is shaking again. Even with two hands on the gun, Quackity can't keep it stable. Smiling, you open your eyes again and look directly at him. If you're going to die, you might as well figure out the mystery of that feeling in his eyes before you do. At least then you might have some closure.

"Don't look at me," His voice is low. A warning.

He may be the one with the weapon, but you are the one with the power.

"Are you terrified?" You ask.

"You don't scare me!"

"That's not what I asked, Quackity. Are you afraid of losing that fire in your heart? Once it goes out, what embers will you use to reignite your sense of meaning in this cold existence? Are you afraid of having nothing left to burn?"

With a heavy, rage-filled breath, he pushes the gun forward. You calmly let it tilt your head back.

You know the history between the two of you is too much. There is no way for you to escape this time. Even if he hasn't completely made up his mind about killing you yet, you know that it's only a matter of time before he does. You aren't afraid, you aren't even upset. But you will not give the man who kills you any comfort with your death. In fact, you're determined to make it haunt him even more than if you were alive.

Smiling calmly, you lower yourself down onto your knees. The angle of his arms follow, keeping the gun centered to your forehead until they're pointing downward. Now he stands above you, but he's still below your power. He's still shaking.

"Stop playing games. I'll shoot you!" He shouts.

"A person like you doesn't posses the ability to fully kill me," You tell him. "But you're welcome to try. I won't blame you. If this is how you want our story to close."

He doesn't shoot.

His enraged breaths become heavier, angrier, more conflicted. Like he's falling apart before your very eyes.

The metal ring on the edge of the chamber has started to become warm from being pressed against your skull for so long. Feeling it against your skin is almost relaxing now. You're tempted to shut your eyes again, but you still need to figure that one thing out.

"Y-you-?" He stammers, still unable to shoot.

"What are you waiting for?" You place a gentle hand overtop of his and stabilize his grip. "Shoot coward! You're only killing a man!"

Then suddenly, you reach your epiphany.

That look in his eye...

The one you've been trying to identify.

You now understand.

It's his humanity.

Finally you close your eyes once more. This time, you know they will never open again. But you aren't sad about that. You aren't happy either. You don't feel anything except satisfaction that this is how your life will finally end.

At the hands of Quackity. As it was destined.

In synch, the two of you take a deep breath.

You hear a gunshot, but feel no pain.

All you feel is the tingling sensation of falling.

Down...

down...

And then everything ceases to exist.