The Beginning // Part 1

******I DONT OWN THE ART :)******

!! hinata and kenma had already met on the street when hinata got lost !!

Hinata POV

School had just got out and I was pumped to go to this practice game. I sped up and ran over to the bus struggling with my bookbag and volleyball gear. After sprinting and fumbling around with my luggage I dropped it on board. "God could you be any more clumsy," Kageyama said with disgust dripping from voice. Thoughts of retorts and insults came to mind but I pushed them aside, I wanted us to win against Nekoma so we have to work as a team. Instead, I looked at him and asked, "Aren't you excited? We have another game!! We're gonna win!" I was responded with an empty look that said 'stfu kid' so I just sat down onto the bus. 

~time skip~

Kenma POV 

"Kenma we gotta get to the gym. We have a game against Karasuno," Kuroo said. "It's just a practice game..." Kenma muttered. I was dragging my feet lazily a few paces behind Kuroo. That kid I met when I was lost was on the Karasuno volleyball team but that still didn't give me the motivation perk up. As we started into the gym I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Shoyo's bright, hopeful eyes that had an undertone. Confusion?? "Why didn't you tell me you were on the Nekoma team?" He asked. "You didn't ask..." The confusion in Shoyo's eyes were gone, now it was just happiness and excitement. He was so easy to read when he's happy. 

~time skip // after the game~

Narrator POV 

Kenma wasn't thrilled about their victory. He was never fazed by stuff like that. But it sure looked like the game took its toll on Karasuno, even some of the Nekoma players were feeling different after the game. Kenma fell back into his groove and grabbed his phone, trying to make his surroundings fade away. "KEEeeeeEEEnMAaaA!!" Hinata shouted. He grabbed the attention of Kuroo at the same time though. "Hey, Shoyo..." Kenma said looking up from his phone. "That was an awesome game! You guys were so team-like. And you knew exactly how to win!!" Shoyo mumbled on about some of the other great points in the game. "Thanks, I guess..." Kenma finally squeezed out. For a few minutes, Hinata kept rambling on about the match. Kenma wasn't thrilled by the social interaction but he has to admit: Shoyo can keep a conversation running, even if the other person doesn't talk much. 'He's really got a gift for complimenting, I wish it were that easy for me...' Kenma thought. "We should talk more! I've got to go soon so can I add my number?" Hinata asked, finishing on the constant chatter and sound effects from the game description he explained as thoroughly as he could. Kenma was taken aback from the question. How could someone be so confident?? Kenma tried to get his expression blank like people normally ask him to talk more. "Uh...sure," Kenma stated with a jumbled expression. Shoyo didn't notice one bit. Hinata proceeded to enter his number then went on his way back to Miyagi.  

I'M SORRY THE BEGINNING IS SO SLOW I SWEAR IT'LL GET BETTER

also I'm thinking of ideas as I write (I have no plans) and my imagination is crap. If I'm making basic mistakes, sorry dudes I'm a stupid 12 yr old.