Chapter 9

Today's the day I'm getting enrolled in a new school. Sadly. I put on my white batman tank top and my Alice in wonderland shorts. "Lyric! Come on we have to get you to school!!!" Ricky calls from downstairs. "coming!" I yell from the top of the stairs. I quickly slip on my danisnotonfire converse, grab my backpack and hop in the passenger seat of Ricky's Kia. "You excited for your first day Lyr?" Ricky asks me, "yeah I look so happy to be going back to that hell hole don't I?" I say sarcastically. "What's got you in such a bad mood this morning?" Ricky comments to my snide remark. "I'm not like everyone else Ricky, im different. I won't fit in here in some California high school. I know I'm graduating in the spring and everything but still, I'm not like everyone else." I say almost in tears. As he pulled up to the school I got out of the orange car and into the unfamiliar building, I make my way to the office.
The lady at the front desk notices me and gives me a fake smile, "how may I help you?" She says in an overly-perky tone. "My name's Lyric Dillon, I'm new here." I say giving her the exact same fake smile in return. "Oh yes! Your brother called and registered you in the system. Here is your schedule and I'll have Tori show you around. Tori!!" she calls out after handing me a sheet of paper. "Yes Ms. Barkley?" A girl with bright purple, almost pink hair wearing a black shirt that says "Normal is boring" and a pair of half black half blue shorts comes around the corner. "Will you show Miss Dillon around the school?" The woman behind the desk whose name I learned to be Ms. Barkley tells the purple headed mistress. Tori nods her head and gestures for me to follow her. "Can I see your schedule?" Tori questions, I hand her the purple slip of paper. "Okay so today's an A day so you're going to be going to wind ensemble (band) for your first block, you have Mr. Morgan for this class so you'll be in room 903. She leads me through a hallway and I notice we pass the gym and the auditorium is directly across, she leads me down a narrow hallway and I see a room labeled 'Band Room' alrighty. "This will always be your A1 class so whenever you get to school be here, I'll meet you right outside the auditorium at 9:55." I nod my head and walk in the band room. I look around and see so many instruments. I smile taking it all in. "Hello you must be Lyric! Our new mellophone player!" A middle aged man who I assume is Mr. Britt. I smile and nod gesturing to the big box I'm carrying in my right hand. "Can I hear you play?" I nod and play some random song I learned at my old school. I turn my head to look at him after I'm done to see his face in shock, "I also play trumpet, trombone, alto sax, clarinet, and baritone, I also play a bit of guitar and I sing and play piano as well" I say smiling, "Are you interested in marching this year? I mean. I know band camp is over and everything but we'd love to have you!" I look at him and nod my head vigorously. Mr. Britt hands me a large pile of music and drill sheets right after class and I go on my way. I quickly text Ricky.

Hey I need clothes for practice after school!-Lyrbear

Wait. Practice for what? It's your first day of school and you already joined a club?! Damn girl. Get it! -Rickster

The band teacher invited me to march this season! I have practice until 7 tonight! I've got a shit ton to Learn so help your baby sister out and bring a change of clothes and her nikes to her before 3:15!-Lyrbear

I got you girrrlll! You'll do fantastic! I'll be there in an hour.-Rickster

Thanks!-Lyrbear

I continue my day at school.

TIME SKIP-LUNCH TIME

"Hey Lyric wait up!" I see Tori come up behind me with another girl that has navy and grey hair, "this is Brooke!" She introduces the girl in the 5 Seconds of Summer tank top and half black half purple shorts. "Rumor has it you're going to be marching mello this year?" Brooke comments looking excited. I nod my head, "AWESOME!!!! I play the snare in drumline and Brooke is in the pit (front percussion ensemble)!" Tori commented as we made it to the cafeteria. Hey everyone! This is Lyric she's new here and she's going to be marching mellophone for us this year!" The 6 people around the table cheered. The guy with the black hair and stunning blue eyes was the first to speak up, "I'm Darrien, I'm a senior and I play bass clarinet!" he said happily, "I'm Katy! Also a senior and I play clarinet" The girl holding Darrien's hand with long dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes says. "I'm Shawn! I'm a senior and I play tenors in the drumline." The guy with the blonde hair and blue eyes tells me, "I'm Eleanor! I'm a sophomore and I play baritone!" The girl with blue eyes and brown hair tells me, "I'm Mandy, Freshman trumpet" The girl with black hair and deep brown eyes mentions to me, and I'm Maddie I'm a junior trumpet player!" the girl with green eyes and blonde hair says. "Nice to meet you guys! As you know I'm Lyric Dillon, I played trumpet at my old school back in Alabama but of course I play mellophone, trumpet, trombone, alto sax, clarinet, and baritone, I also play a bit of guitar and I sing and play piano as well. Their eyes grew wide. I'm going to enjoy this.

LE TIME SKIP UNTIL AFTER BAND-

"Hey Lyric!" One of the band moms came up to me, "you need to get fitted for a uniform!" The woman who I found out to be Trevors mom (he plays tenor saxaphone in this story. Deal with it) leads me to a small room in the band room that is right between the drum room and the instrument room. After I got fitted for my uniform I left my mellophone in the instrument room and penny boarded home.

"How was practice?" Connor asked me, pecking me on the lips. ''Good, the music isn't that bad nor is the drill" I said, Connor looked at me with a confused face, I chuckled at his reaction, "the design will look pretty and it will sound pretty." I say putting it in preschool terms. "FOOD!" Ricky calls out carrying at least half a dozen pizzas, "I'm not hungry." I say quickly hoping nobody noticed my hesitation, I don't need it. I'm too fat. Connor looked at me suspiciously, "come on, just one piece." He insisted, I glared at him and grabbed a piece, knowing I'd end up throwing it up directly after. I quickly eat half of the small slice and bolt upstairs with Connor on my heels. I run to the bathroom and shove my finger down my throat, I stand up and turn around to see Connor with tears in his eyes.

"Why?"

A/N

YAY AN UPDATE!! Finally right?! Anyways I just got a new laptop so I can try to write more. I have another week off of school so I can try to write more for ya! My goal is to get one more chapter before I go back. I'm going to have to focus on school a lot but yeah. Band is done, it's been done for a month but I've had to catch up on a shit ton of homework, I'm barely passing at this point so I'll be going slow again as of next Monday. I'm sorry for all of the marching band talk, I had to :3 A mellophone is basically a marching french horn and drill is where you stand on the field.

Also, I just watched O2L's LAST VIDEO EVER. It's depressing but I support them 100% I didn't watch it until I was half way through the chapter so yeah, sorry if the quality went downhill fast :/

Stay Sexual

-Molly :)