Chapter 7

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! I will find you Lyric Melody. Don't doubt your father you worthless piece of shit."

I heard my dad scream in the phone, tears began to well up in my eyes. They all look at me worried, I immediately take off running. I hear footsteps trailing behind me but I ignore them. I run to a corner and collapse into a fit of sobs. I hear the footsteps stop and I look up to see a worried Jen and Korey. "Are you okay? What happened back there?" Korey questions. "W... Wh... What if he finds me... What if he comes after Connor, or any of the other guys?" I stay still in tears. "Don't worry sweetie, it'll all be okay. I promise. That man won't come near you and I'll make sure of it. John says walking over to me. "That boyfriend of yours will take care of you I'm sure of it. He's a great kid with a great family and a good group of friends. It'll all be okay. I know you probably don't believe me because you hear it a lot but trust me it does." He says kissing my head. I notice Connor walk over and help me hug me tight, "I love you so much. Remember that" he whispers in my ear. I give him a small smile, "I love you too" I say in barely a whisper. "Hey guys. Sorry to break up this little 'love fest' but we have ten thousand people waiting on us to get on stage. Let's go!" Seth speaks up walking in the room. We all walk towards the stage and they head on. It begins with hero, then a few of their songs from their latest album "rise" and then I hear john say the intro to my favorite song. "I wrote this song about a girl that hates her life because she was told she was a loser since she was a kid never gonna amount to anything. Everything that goes wrong in her family is blamed on her by her parents, and she has had a secret life of cutting for years, and she finally decides she wants to kill herself, since there's not a single reason for her to live, and she comes to me she says she just wants to say 'Goodbye, my life stinks and there's no purpose for me to live anymore' and in this song I get a chance to tell her how special she is, that her life isn't a mistake, she was created for a reason. There is a God who loves her just as she is and if she gives Him one chance it will be the last night she ever spends alone. I have a friend here tonight who is going through the same thing this girl went through. And I just wanted you guys to meet her. Say hello to the beautiful Lyric Dillon." I stood there starstruck. Korey came over and dragged me on stage. At this point I was in tears. John hands me the mic and I say, "to be honest, tonight went a lot different than I expected. Recently I ran away from Alabama to get away from my abusive parents and live with my older brother Ricky here in LA. My brother moved here with his friends 2 years ago and that's when my parents began beating me. I had no friends, I was bullied, and I soon lost contact with my brother months after he left because he was so busy with YouTube. I always felt so worthless. That there was no point in living anymore. I am a recovering cutter, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this room that is though. It is my 18th birthday actually and my lovely boyfriend decided to surprise me by taking me here. I know this May sound cliche and stuff but let me just say. It. Gets. Better. I promise. I love you guys. Goodnight!" I run off stage while the intro to the last night came on. Connor waked up to me and kissed me on the lips. "Did you know I love you?" I chuckled and nodded kissing him again. Today was a great day besides that one phone call. But I don't wanna think about that right now.

----------------------------------

Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I last updated but I'm sorry! I started band camp this week and idk if I'll be able to update very often. I am really sorry 😣 but yeah. I'll try and update when I can. I promise. Thanks for reading. 😘 love you guys!

-Molly 😜😘😝