The Moment of Truth

Cloud Strife was in a good mood today. Because today, Cloud Strife was going to ask Aerith Gainsborough, the flower girl, to be his wife. Now Cloud and Aerith have been dating each other for three months now, and Cloud was feeling that it was the right time for them to take their relationship to the next level. So Cloud made a phone call to the Gold Saucer, Aerith's favorite restaurant, he called them to ice one of their best bottles of champagne and requested to play the song that she always liked. Cloud also made sure that they reserved the booth with the window that she always liked to look out of to look at the ocean. When they finished eating Cloud was going to get up and Cloud was going to get down on one knee pull out the small box with the engagement ring and propose to her. If all went well, fireworks would explode just before the kissed each other.

It was Halloween night, the moment of truth. Cloud was combing his hair, the suit that he was going to wear to the Gold Saucer lay nicely ironed on his bed. Cloud began to put on the white dress shirt and tied on the black tie and he put on the Fusion Sword tie pin that Tifa made him when he joined AVALANCHE. Cloud put on his dress pants and tucked in the white dress shirt into the pants and zipped and buttoned the pants. Cloud put on the black dress socks and slipped on his black loafers. Cloud stood up and he put the black suit jacket and buttoned the buttons on the jacket. For the finishing touch, Cloud put a pink handkerchief in the pocket of the black suit jacket. Cloud went downstairs, where he began to fix the cuffs of his jacket. Then through the front room window, he saw the limo pull up. Cloud grabbed his wallet, turned off the lights, he locked and the he shut door and he walked down and got into the limo, which then made its way towards Aerith's house.

The Limo arrived at Aerith's house. Cloud got out of the limo, because he knew that it would be rude to have the women get into the limo herself. So Cloud got out of the limo and as he shut the limo door behind him, and what he saw next, put him at a loss for words. Cloud looked at Aerith, who was standing on her front porch. Aerith looked at Cloud with a smile. Aerith had her hair tied in a bun, the pink ribbon held it together. She was wearing a pink-silken dress that went down just about half-way past her knees, and on the outside of the dress, she had on a reddish-pink vest on, she was wearing pink high heels and she had pink lipstick on her lips. To complete her outfit, she was carrying a little pink purse.

Aerith began to make her way slowly towards the limo, her cheeks began to turn red as she looked at Cloud in his suit and tie. They both looked at each other and smiled. "Hello, Cloud. You're looking elegant tonight." Aerith said with a smile.

"Thank you, Aerith." Cloud replied, as he opened the door so Aerith could get inside the limo.

"Why thank you Cloud." Aeirth said, as she put hands underneath her and she pushed her dress so that it wouldn't wrinkle as she sat down on the seat.

Cloud then shut her door and opened the door and got in, and he shut the door as he got in. "Driver, takes us to the Gold Saucer." Cloud said as the chauffeur turned his head and nodded to Cloud and Aerith, and the limo made its way to the Gold Saucer.

It was about five, when Cloud and Aerith made it to the Gold Saucer, the sun setting over the ocean. Cloud opened his door and got out and made his way to Aerith's door. Cloud opened her door, and she smiled at him as she got out. Cloud shut the door behind her. Aerith wrapped her right arm around Cloud's left arm as they made their way towards the front door of the Gold Saucer. The door man bowed to Aerith and Cloud as he opened the door into the building. Cloud and Aerith made their way to the receptionist.

"You must be Cloud Strife and Aerith Gainsborough, I presume?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes we are." Cloud and Aerith replied in unison.

"Splendid, this way please." The receptionist replied as he walked Cloud and Aerith to their booth, the song that Aerith liked filled the room as they arrived at their booth.

"Your salad will be in shortly. In the mean time, please have a seat." Said the receptionist as he made his way back to where he was before.

Cloud took off Aerith's vest and her purse and set them at the end of the booth. Aerith smiled as she took a seat in the booth and began to look out the window, gazing out over the ocean. Cloud then took a seat across from here and he too began to stare out the window as well. As they were looking out the window, they heard doors opening, they both turned to see the waiter bringing out their salads. He place the salads in front of them and smiled.

"Enjoy the salads. Your dinner should be done in a few minutes." Said the waiter, as he made his way back towards the kitchen.

"Thank you." Replied Cloud and Aerith, as they slowly began to eat their salads.

Cloud and Aerith began to enjoy their salads, talking among each other about how much they enjoyed each others company, they even cracked a smile once and awhile. As they finished eating their salads, the waiter returned with their dinner, he picked up the empty salad plates and placed the steaks in front of them and made his way back to the kitchen with the dirty salad plates. They looked at each other as they again enjoyed their, but this time they talked about when they both met. Once they finished their steaks, the waiter came back for their plates and left their dessert and he picked up the dinner dishes, picked up the dinner plates, he set down their desserts, and made his way once more back to the kitchen. For dessert, the waiter brought out some cheese cake, but as they ate the cheese cake, they didn't say a word. Once they where finally done, Aerith was wondering why they weren't leaving.

"Um, Cloud? Are we going to be leaving soon?" Aerith asked Cloud, a little puzzled.

"We are shortly, but there's something I need to do first." Cloud replied in a soft tone as he stands up and walks over to where Aerith is sitting.

"Aerith Gainsborough?" Cloud asked in a warm and gentle tone as he got down got down on one knee and pulled out a small square box and pointed the unhinged end towards Aerith. "We have been dating each other for like three months now. And I want to take our relationship further." Aerith was overcome with emotion as he put her hands over her mouth as a tear started to trickle down her cheek. Cloud then opened up the small box, and inside was an engagement ring with diamonds that shined brighter than the stars in the night sky. "Aerith Gainsborough? Will you be my wife?" Cloud asked with a smile.

Aerith was at a loss for words. In fact, she was speechless as more tears started to run down her cheeks. Taking her right arm, she wiped the tears away from her eyes, and took a deep breath. "Yes Cloud. I'd love to be your wife, forever." Aerith said with a smile.

After hearing Aerith say the words yes. Cloud got up to hug Aerith so quick, that she had no time to react. Cloud was getting ready to kiss his fiance, Aerith, fireworks of all different colors illuminated the interrior of the Golden Saucer. Looking at how majestic the fireworks, Aerith and Cloud both took a seat back in their booth and watched the fireworks explode outside the window. While they were both looking at the fireworks, they didn't notice that they were holding hands. Turning and looking at each other, they smiled, and turned to continue watching the fireworks.