Fate or Luck?

Our story begins with the hero Cloud Strife. Cloud was a 21 year-old, 5'7" man wit a lean yet muscular built. He had blonde spiked hair, that shined like the sunlight. He had the trademark mako blue eyes, an icon showing that he was a member of an elite military group called SOLDIER that worked for the Shinra Electric Power Company, but he was never in that elite military group, he was just mistaken for one. Cloud actually worked as a mercenary, for the eco-terrorist group AVALANCHE, a group who's goal is to stop Shinra from harvesting Mako energy, a deed in which AVALANCHE thinks, will destroy the world. This is the story of how Cloud's life change in just one encounter.

One day, Cloud was sitting at the 7th Heaven Bar and Restaurant in Sector 7, drinking his coffee, when he notices a girl walk by the cafe. The girl was wearing a shin-length pink silken dress. Her hair was long and brown, and was plaited with a pink ribbon. Her eyes were emerald colored and they shined bright like a mako stone. In her right hand, she was carrying a flower basket, filled to the brim with yellow lilies. Cloud continued to watch her until he lost sight of her as the pedestrians passed through the Slums.

A girl by the name of Tifa Lockhart was watching Cloud while he was watching the flower girl. Now, Tifa was the same age as Cloud, and they both grew up in the village of Nibelheim. Tifa stood at about 5'5" she has dark brown hair that falls all the way down below her waist. She had her hair tied at the top to form two dolphin-tail like split, and her eyes were red as blood. Tifa walked up to Cloud, who turned to her and asked.

"Who is that beautiful looking girl?" Cloud wondered as he took the last remaining sip of coffee from the cup.

Tifa walked up and as she picked up the empty cup she replies. "Oh, that girl you were watching? Her name is Aerith Gainsborough, she's a flower merchant. Her flowers are sold at flower stands all over Midgar."

Tifa didn't want to tell Cloud this, but the Aerith Gainsborough that she just mentioned, was in a relationship with his former friend Zack Fair. It had been about a year since he died. Tifa remembers Cloud telling her about how he died, and how he hid him as he headed off to fight against a battalion of Shinra troops and was gunned down in the end. She also remembers Cloud also telling her about Zack entrusting him with Buster Sword, a weapon that belonged to Zack's former mentor, Angeal Hewley. Tifa wanted to tell Cloud everything about her, but was afraid of what would happen if she did, so Tifa remained silent.

"I wonder where she gets the flowers from?" Cloud asked with curiosity.

"She grows them at her house, silly." Tifa chuckled as she began to smile a bit. "Why, are you going to ask her out?" She replied as she put the dishes in the wash.

"What made you come up with that?" Cloud asked as he put on his jacket on and left his tip on the table.

"Just curious." She replied as she picked up Cloud's tip and washed off the table that he was sitting at.

"Okay, oh and Tifa? You wouldn't happen to know where she lives by chance?" Cloud asked as he opened the door to leave the cafe.

Tifa walked with Cloud out the door of the cafe and pointed to the left towards the church. "It's just up the road a bit. It's the first house on the right. She might be tending to the garden right now." Tifa replied. Cloud nodded and he made his way up the street towards the church.

Cloud thought about it for awhile as he walked along the row of house, and he decided he was going to do as Tifa suggested and he was going to ask Aerith Gainsborough out on a date, but he didn't know what he was going to do if she said no. Cloud wasn't even sure what he was going to say to her as he came to the only house that he saw with a flower garden. And sure enough, there was Aerith Gainsborough, the girl that Cloud saw earlier attending to the flowers. Cloud still didn't have figured out what he was going to say, but as he began to walk up to her nervously. When all of a sudden, Aerith heard the sound of footsteps, she stood up and turned around and as she laid eyes on Cloud, he froze. Aerith did the same as Cloud.