Chapter 1

Aelin-

                Cairn just finished "playtime" with me. Today he carved a picture on my arm. I have to admit he is a skilled artist. He carved a hawk with a spear through its heart. I don't know if it was real or fake because I passed out and woke again in darkness.  Rowan most likely doesn't care anyways. I didn't tell him about the mating bond. He's hopefully protecting Terrasen, but the selfish part of me hopes he's coming for me. I wonder if Lysandra's pretending to be me, or if Manon still has the wyrdkeys. I should of taught Dorian wyrdmarks so he might still be able to save the world without me. Wyrdmarks. Wrydmarks! I could make a portal with them! I hope Fenrys doesn't get punished for this. Here goes nothing!

Rowan-

               We had been searching for months. We were on our way to Doranelle now. Elide was talking with Gavriel and still ignoring Lorcan. I was still silently fuming with him, but we had to get back my fireheart. Gavriel said something but I didn't hear as I felt the bond break. I couldn't hear or see I could only scream. I finally calmed down and my tears started, "she's gone." I breathed.

Fenrys-

               Aelin wasn't going to break. She wouldn't say anything, which was good but that meant she would be tortured forever. I hope Whitethorns coming. My thoughts were cut short when a portal opened .One minute Aelin was there the next the iron box fell into a portal and as it was closing I decided to jump through after her.

(sorry this is short)