Chapter Five

It did not go smoothly.

As soon as I entered the wicked woods and started heading towards the river, I could feel eyes watching me, and I wasn't too sure if it was the good or bad kind.

The wicked woods are notorious for its name and lives up to it quite well. It homes the creatures that never wanted to be in a kingdom, there are many wicked woods throughout all the kingdoms but according to everyone the ones to the dark kingdom is one of the worst.

It homes syphons, centaurs and other creatures no one has ever faced and lived to talk about.

All the trees are alive too, they sometimes talk if you listen hard enough, according to some books in the library even dragons use to live in these woods before they were hunted down years before the great war and killed as they were seen as a threat.

I don't think the intension of the woods is to hurt those who enter, but just to mess with people a bit and to keep them out by any means, and that's what the creatures we know about do, I don't even think I want to know about the others lurking in these woods and that's why I'm currently trying my hardest to get to the river.

As strange and dark as the woods are, I can't help but admire their beauty, the trees are all tall, some are blossoming with flowers whist others are different shades of green, the trees will start to welt soon as it coming up to winter. Winter is one of the most dangerous months at the farm because we lose many customers due to no one being able to reach us in the snow and the animals sometimes die due to the cold no matter how hard we try to keep them warm, and yet again it is one of my favourite seasons.

I could look at snow falling all day without realising any time has passed, the mountains especially look beautiful when covered in snow, they look more alive. I hear a twig snap pulling me out of my thoughts and realise that it wants me who had made that sound. "it's been a while since there's been a human girl in these woods"

I hear a teasing voice and turn to see a young man leaning against a tree with his arms crossed. "who are you?" I ask and he grins, "you're in my home and you're asking me who I am?" I shrug pretending to be unconcerned, "I'm Asta" he shakes his head. "that's the first lie, two more and you're out" I stand still and just look at him trying to figure out what he was, he looked perfectly human, "you won't figure what I am out, because you've never heard of my kind before" I narrow my eyes at him because he is being frustratingly cryptic. "I'll tell you who and what I am if you tell me your real name" I grip the handle on my dagger tighter as he steps forward. "I'm not allowed to tell you my name" he chuckles, "whys that?" I sigh, "I'm never allowed to tell anyone my real name, but you already know it don't you?" he looks pleasantly surprised that I had already figured out his game.

"I don't have a name. I'm not a who I'm just a what in this world" my hold on my dagger loosens, "I will not harm you human girl, I like your spirit, but I will warn you" a ball of black appears in his hand and he looks into it intensely, "you will survive this trip but not what comes after it" he looks and smiles at me again but before I can ask what he's talking about an arrow appears through his shoulder, "dammit centaurs! Can't even let me talk for a few minutes"

I look around and see nothing coming and then remember centaurs can shoot from miles away. I rush over to him, "what are you doing human girl?" he asks through gritted teeth trying to pull the arrow out. "if I don't help you get this arrow out you're going to cause more damage than there already is" I explain and pull my dagger out to cut off the end of the arrow whilst he just stares at me in confusion, " why are the centaurs after you?" I decide to ask, "we have been playing this game for years, they don't think I belong here, which I don't, but you see I prefer here than in any of the kingdoms, here I can let myself go sometimes" it takes me a few seconds to realise what he's talking about, "this isn't your natural body" I sate and he shakes his head, "I naturally don't have a body"

I look away from his eyes after seeing how unhuman they are, how unlike our world they are.

I finally get the arrow out and he almost heals immediately. "thank you human girl but you must go now before the centaurs get here" I nod and start to walk away, "there's a war coming human girl, and I think you'll the solution to it, I've grown fond of this world and not care for it to be ripped apart, so when shit is about to hit the fan just chant Brummer three times and I will come" I turn and give him a small nod and a smile, "good luck with the centaurs" I say and run away before he can say anything else.

What did he mean I won't survive what comes after it? Does he mean this war that's going to happen? I decide to stop thinking about all of that and focus of what's going on right now. And yet my mind keeps wondering back to the words he said. Another world, he knew my real name and did not use it, there's going to be a war and I won't survive, at least ill survive this trip.

That's one good thing.