<02>

"Peachy I need your help with something," my dearest twin, Betty Cooper asks. She's entering my room with this look in her eyes.

I sit up from my bed, "This isn't going to be like that one time you wanted us to go The Sisters of Quiet Mercy is it?"

"No Peach, it's for Pop's. He's planning on closing it."

"But ge can't do that! How else am I supposed to get my chocolate milkshake fix?"

"I know, that's why I need your help. I need to plan something big. Something to get buisness booming again and remind people why we love Pop's so much. I already asked V and Kev and they're no help. I'd ask Jug, but he's worried enough about his dad and I didn't want to put more pressure-"

"It okay, Betty, I get it. You need my help, I'm going to help. I have as much a reason to help Pop's as you do."

She smiled and walked from the doorway to my bed, sitting on the opposite end of it. My grey painted room seems dark, if it wasn't for the crap ton of fairy lights I hung in it, adding yellow hues to the room, adding highlight to Betty's face, making her appear like she's glowing. Sighing as she lowered herself onto my marshmallow-like bed, grabbing my pink bear to cuddle.

"Well, what ideas do you have so far?" I ask.

"Just the usual retro theme. But I don't know how to pull it off. Like, what do I do to make it enough to get Pop's back in comission?"

"Why don't you try diving deeper into the retro vibes then? Like, skater girls, jukeboxes, maybe change the waitress outfit? I don't know. Betty-fy it."

She turns her head, "Betty-fy?"

"Yeah, you know, the way you take normal, mundane, everyday things and make them more...you."

"Peachy that makes no sense. Plus how do I "Betty-fy", a place that isn't mine? I'm supposed to do this for Pop, not me."

Nodding, I lean against the headboard of my bed, thinking.

"What if, we did do the roller skates and new outfits? We could throw some sort of "Retro Night" and have the waitresses serve people in roller skates, like the used to do. And we could get custom t-shirts done, with Pop's logo on it."

Betty nodded, "Okay, yeah, I think that'd work. But who are we going to get for waiters, all of the staff quit."

"Just ask Cheryl for the Vixens. She adores her red velvet cupcakes, I'm sure she'll be on board."

"But what about-"

"I'll help clean the diner up. Don't even ask."

"What would I do without you?" Betty asks, staring at me with sisterly love.

"Who knows. Let's not find out though, because I'd be fucked without you too."

She gave me a glare for swearing.

"Don't act like you don't swear, Elizabeth."

"I never said I didn't swear. I just didn't think you'd be brave enough to do it in the house, Sandra."

Inwardly cringing at my birthname, my disgusted features morph into a smirk.

"What?"

"You wanna see brave?"

I ran out of the room and hit the wall, pretending like I just wacked my foot off of it.

"Fuck!"

"Sandra Ivy, what did you just say?!"

I look back at Betty, just had her face burried in my bear, but I could tell she was laughing.

• • •