<05>

Archie did something dumb. I mean really dumb.

He was currently ranting to me about how after he post his Red Circlevideo online, like an idiot, calling out the Black Hood, he went over to the Southside.

"Okay, run it down for me again because I think I'm hearing things. You went to the Southside. You spray painted some wall with a red circle, and you were caught by the Serpents. They pulled blades on you, because you were on their turf, and you pulled out a gun. Archibald Andrews have you lost your goddamn mind?!"

"They deserved it, Peach! One of those snakes shot my dad! They were only getting what was coming to them anyway!"

I stare at him in disbelief. "How do you know it was a Serpent?"

"Because only a Serpent would do this kind of thing! Shooting someone from the Northside, who else could it be?!"

"Now you're talking like my mom! Blaming the Southside for this might be because you're not sleeping at night. There's no proof it was a Southsider. None. Stop blaming them for everything."

"What else am I supposed to do, Peach? I want him dead!"

I look at him. I can see everything in his eyes, he doesn't even have to continue.

He's going dark.

"I want to be the last thing he sees!"

"Is that why you made that stupid video?! And went and spray painted the Southside?! Archie, someone has died and your dad was almost the first!"

He seemed shook but I kept going.

"Think about it, what if he does? Come after you, and it's you and him? What are you going to do when he pulls out his gun? Pull out your's and have a shoot out? Archie, this isn't you. Battle to the death? Stop it! Please!"

There was a knock at the door. Archie got up from the living room where we were, and answered the door. In came in the Bulldogs, Reggie leading them. He gave me a nod and a smile, and I nodded back. In after then was Veronica, walking into the kitchen. Archie followed.

"I threw the gun in Sweet Water River," she started.

I sighed in relief. "Thank god."

I left the room for them to have their conversation and sat on the floor in the Andrews' living room, stealing a slice of pizza that was carried in by the team. They were discussing some football thing that I didn't care enough to pay attention to. I noticed Doiley there. I glared at him, which he caught on to, and he shifted away from me. I shook my head and ate, zoned out in my thoughts about why the hell Archie had a gun in the first place.

I don't remember him ever having a gun. They didn't hunt. I don't even think Mr. Andrews had a gun. How the fuck did he have one? No one in the right mind would sell one to a minor, at least mot legally. Was this some sort of deal?

And then there were engine sounds. It sounded like a roar of thunder getting close to us. It was louder than anything, and then there was nothing. The house was quiet. No one made a sound. We all seemed to silently agree that we shouldn't say anything right now. Even the football team was quiet, something I didn't think was possible. The only thing we could hear was the rain tapping on the windows.

Footsteps. and a lot of them. A knock. Loud and aggressive. I got up to get it, giving Archie a glare when he was in the hallway, hoping the message "what the hell did you do now?" was able to reach him. He panicked and went to get the door first. "Peach it's the-"

I opened the door to a large man. He looked young, I'm guessing my age, maybe a year older. He was handsome, not gonna lie. He also sported a dark leather jacket, and was soaked head to toe from the rain. He was the definition of tall, dark and handsome, and I couldn't help but look at him curiously.