Chapter 10

Bill let Dipper in and they were having a small snack before training.

While eating, Dipper remembered about asking Bill about changing his clothes back to normal.

"So are you ready for your next lesson Pine Tree?" Bill asked, while sipping a cup of tea.

"Yeah," Dipper answered "But I was wondering if there was a way to-"

"Keep your questions till the end of class Pine Tree." Bill interrupted, as he snapped his fingers and teleported them deeper into the cave.

"Today you'll be learning how to summon objects!" Bill said, as he snapped his fingers, summoning an apple and threw it at Dipper.

Dipper caught it and took a bite out of it.

Dipper seemed puzzled, "How can a red apple taste like a green one?"

"That's the thing about 'dream-demon' magic Pine Tree, it's all connected to your mind and what you imagine. An object can look and act however you want it to, even if it's not what it seems."

"But what's the point of it all?" Dipper asked.

"There is no point! That's what's so fun about it Pine Tree! You can make a cat bark, or make fire feel cold, the possibilities are endless! Now you try it."

Dipper sighed, "Alright, but what should I make?"

"Anything you want, but I advise to keep it simple."

Dipper thought about it and remembered his old pine tree cap.

He closed his eyes and snapped his fingers.

"Cap, cap, cap." is what repeated in his head.

He opened his eyes and saw that nothing happened.

He checked his head, but all he felt was his hair.

"Pine Tree, it doesn't work like that." Bill said, shaking his head.

"But I thought of my cap and nothing happened!"

"That's because all you were doing was saying 'cap, cap, cap'. You also have to think about what you want it to look like and what it will be. What color is it? What size? Is it alive, or not? Then the picture will be clear and the object will pop up."

"Oh! I understand now."

Dipper closed his eyes and thought of a medium sized blue and white cap with a pine tree symbol in the middle.

He then snapped his fingers and...

Poof

Dipper touched his head and felt his cap.

"Yes! I did it!"

"Good job Pine Tree!" Bill said, congratulating Dipper.

He then snapped his fingers and made Dipper's cap disappear.

"Hey! I made that myself!" Dipper said a little angrily.