Chapter 3

Dipper finally finished his breakfast and got up to wash the dishes.

While scrubbing his plate, Mabel came over to Dipper.

"So what did you think of today's breakfast?" Mabel asked her brother.

"It was very..." Dipper tried to find the right words, "very sweet."

"I knew you would like it!" Mabel said while high fiving herself. "Sooo, since I did something for you... could you do something for-"

"What do you want Mabel?" Dipper asks while walking to the living room.

Mabel followed, "Can I pleeeaaase borrow your journal?"

"Mabel?!" Dipper answered, "Don't you remember what happened YESTERDAY when you took my journal?!"

"I know but.." Mabel said shyly while looking down, "But I have a good reason!"

"And what is this 'good reason'?" Dipper asked while crossing his arms and tapping his foot.

"It's just that I-" Mabel started, looking a little scared.

"It's just that you WHAT!" Dipper yelled.

"It's just that we're already halfway through the summer and I STILL don't have a boyfriend! Maybe your journal could help me find one!" Mabel said quickly as tears started forming in her eyes.

"THAT'S IT?" Dipper yelled

Mabel slowly nodded with her eyes closed.

"MAGIC ISN'T A TOY MABEL! IT COULD HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES!" Dipper yelled as he snapped his fingers.

Dipper then suddenly realized that he was yelling and that his sister was crying.

He looked at his hand and saw that he had just snapped his fingers.

He didn't know why he snapped his fingers, it just... felt right.

"Mabel... I-I didn't mean to-" Dipper started, but then he took a sniff of the air. "Is something... burning?" he asked.

Mabel suddenly looked up and nodded, signaling that she smelled it too.

It smelled like it was coming from outside.

Mabel opened the curtains of the window and then gasped.

Dipper turned around and saw what was outside the window: blue fire covering the forest from left to right.

Mabel panicked and started heading for the door.

She grabbed a bucket and before leaving she turned around and looked at Dipper, who was still staring at the window, "Maybe you need more sleep Dipper, cause you're NOT the Dipper I remember."

And she slammed the door.

Dipper turned around in anger, "I DON'T NEED ANYMORE SLEEP! I'M PERFECTLY FIN-" and suddenly Dipper realized he was screaming again and covered his mouth.

"What's wrong with me?" Dipper thought, "I've never screamed at Mabel before..." and just like that, bells started ringing in Dipper's head.

"Ahhhh!" he screamed from the pain in his head.

He quickly covered his ears and ran for the bathroom.

He went inside and locked the door.

He got some cold water from the sink and splashed it on his face.

Dipper sighed as the noise started dying down.

He grabbed a towel that was on the sink and dried his face.

When he placed it down he noticed something strange about himself in the mirror.

He looked closer and saw that his right eye was a light shade of yellow and that his pupil seemed to be a little thinner.

Scared of what he saw, Dipper took a step back, closed his eyes, and shook his head.

"This isn't real, this isn't real.." Dipper whispered under his breath.

He slowly stepped towards the mirror to see if what he saw was real, and then he opened his right eye.

It was back to normal!

Dipper blinked, opening both eyes, and sighed with relief.

"What Bill told me last night is starting to drive me insane." Dipper thought "But for now, I need to apologize to Mabel."

Dipper unlocked the door, took a step outside of the bathroom and then heard a faint laugh in the distance.

Dipper turned around to see who was there, but there was no one.

He slowly closed the door, a little scared, and then ran outside to help Mabel with the mysterious blue fire.