Decision

"Yes, aunty. I'll talk to him" Mew replied, trying to sound ok. But he couldn't hide the hurt he felt from reflecting in his eyes.

"Oh thank-" Gulf's mom had started to thank Mew but Gulf interrupted, "I'm not going on the Date mom, please apologize on my behalf to your friend"

There was silence for a moment. Gulf had never refused things his parents had planned for him, whether he liked it or not. Now also he didn't want his mother to be embarrassed in front of her friend, but at the same time he couldn't hurt Mew by going on a Date with someone else. He couldn't avoid facing things anymore.

"Gulf? What's wrong? You know I've already promised! Why are you behaving like this!?" his mother asked.

"I'm sorry Ma, I can't go on a date with your friend's daughter because I already love someone else" Gulf replied.

"What are you saying? Are you making up reasons to avoid this Date?" his mother was confused.

"No, I really do have someone in my life. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier and I'm sorry that you have to go back on your words" Gulf shifted his gaze to Mew, "If I had been honest earlier, the situation wouldn't have come to this".

"Who is it? Do we know her?" His mother asked, she was rattled by his out of character remarks "And why were you hiding it? We have been asking you to settle down for so long!"

"I'll tell you everything. I'm coming home for Dinner tonight. There are some important things about my life that you, dad and Gaia should know. I'll explain everything tonight", Gulf replied.

"Ok, see you then" his mother said and disconnected the call.

Mew held Gulf's hand, "Are you ok?"

Gulf shook his head, "I should have done this long ago" He was dreading his parent's reaction on finding the truth but he knew he had to be strong, "I'll tell them about us tonight. They deserve to know about my life and you deserve the surety".

Gulf sighed and continued, "I know my not acknowledging our relationship in front of my parents made you insecure about our future. You never complained about it but I could see the fear in your eyes thinking that I would eventually give in to my parent's wishes like I always do, and break up with you.
I'm sorry, Mew, for being selfish and ignoring it. All the time I had been without you, I hadn't allowed my heart to even hope for the happiness of being with you. And then suddenly when I had you in my life, I didn't want to think about anything else! So, I kept on making excuses and avoiding it..." He had tears in his eyes, his emotions were overwhelming him.

Mew stood up from his chair and came towards Gulf to give him a tight hug. "I love you Bii, I may have felt insecure and sad sometimes but those moments were nothing compared to the utter bliss I felt being with you", he said and gave a peck on Gulf's cheek. "I know how difficult all this is for you, please take as much time as you need, I don't want you to be burdened or pressurised".

"I love you so much Boo" Gulf said as he pulled back from the embrace to look into Mew's eyes, "Being with you is as necessary to me as breathing, I'm going to fight for us no matter what... I may have been a coward in the past to run away from my feelings, thinking it's for everyone's good, but now I know better. Your love has given me strength to be true, it does not burden me, it gives me freedom to be me"

Their eyes were glistening as they smiled at each other. They leaned closer and kissed. And through that kiss they sealed an unspoken promise to always trust each other's love and to fight for it no matter how big a difficulty they would face.

Mew pulled back with a smile and ruffled Gulf's hair, "You should get ready and get going soon if you want to reach home by dinner, it's a three hours drive you know"

Gulf nodded.

"Should I come with you? It would be better if we explain together' suggested Mew and then chuckled, "plus I can drive you there, I know how much you dislike driving".

Gulf smiled at that and shook his head, "that's a very tempting offer but I'll have to decline this time. Things could get heated and they might say something hurtful to you. Let me get through their first reaction and give them some time to understand, then we can go together".

Mew nodded. He pulled Gulf into a hug again and sighed. Things were going to get difficult, but atleast they had each other.

----

A/N: What are your thoughts on the chapter? I would love to have your feedback.
P. S. I'm thinking of changing the cover photo of this story. Will do so before the next update!