Hurt

It took Gulf around 4 months to shift back with Mew.

It was a Monday evening, Gulf came home from his first day at the new office.

He had just settled on the couch when Mew came home too.

They smiled looking at each other.

"So, do you like your new office?" asked Mew, taking a seat beside Gulf.

"I guess" Gulf shrugged.

Mew pulled Gulf by his waist and rested his head on Gulf's shoulder. "I miss us working together", he pouted.

Gulf chuckled at that, "I miss that too, but atleast now we are in the same city & get to be together everyday". Gulf patted Mew's head softly.

Mew brightened up at that. He then stood up and pulled Gulf by his hand to make Gulf stand up too.

Gulf whined, "Mewww, what crazy idea is cooking up in your mind now? Why are you so excited suddenly?"

Mew pouted, "No crazy idea.... I just want to take my boyfriend out for Dinner to celebrate his first day at his new office!"

Gulf shook his head and smiled seeing how his boyfriend was making a cute face. "What'll I do with you Mew!", he said fondly.

"Well there are a lot of things you can do with me once we're back from dinner.." Mew wiggled is eyebrows & gave a mischievous smile.

Gulf lightly punched Mew on his shoulder, "You perv!"

"Only for you, baby" Mew replied and leaned in to give Gulf a kiss.

After a minute Gulf leaned back, "Okay okay... Let's freshen up and head out for the dinner first, I'm starving".

Mew nodded with a wide smile, "Yeah, let's take care of your tummy first, it has been growling".

Gulf rolled his eyes as he proceeded to take a shower.

---

Six months passed in pure bliss with Mew, and Gulf was happy. He had adjusted well in his new office as well.
The only burden on his mind was that he hadn't talked to his parents about his relationship with Mew yet.
He had tried to muster up his courage to do that several times, but always ended up delaying it with some excuse or the other to wait for the right time.
Mew didn't push for it either, he knew Gulf was struggling with the idea of being in conflict with his parents for the first time in his life, and he didn't want Gulf to feel pressured.

They were having lunch on a Saturday when Gulf's mother called.

Gulf put the phone on speaker and answered, "Hi Ma, how are you? How are dad and Gaia?"

"We're all good, how are you doing? How's Mew?" his mother replied from the other end.

"We're good too. We both just sat down for lunch" Gulf answered.

"Hi aunty, Gulf's has put us on a Khaprao only diet for last two days!" Mew chimed in.

"Oh stop whining, your favorite sushi is on table too!" Gulf retorted.

Gulf's mother chuckled at the other end, "Ok now, stop fighting you two. I called to inform you Gulf that I've fixed a date for you with my friend's daughter tonight and I won't take no for an answer"

Mew and Gulf froze at that.

"Gulf? Are you there?" His mother asked when she didn't get a reply.

"Wh-What's the rush mom? Why did you fix a date for me?" Gulf asked.

"Rush? We've given you so much time to find someone for yourself but you've never shown any interest in dating on your own. So, ofcourse it falls on us to find someone suitable for you!" She replied.

"Mom-" Gulf started but his mom then addressed Mew, "Mew, please knock some sense into your friend, I know he won't back out as I've promised my friend and he wouldn't make me lose face, but please convince him to give a genuine try for this date, it means a lot to me!"

"Yes, aunty. I'll talk to him" Mew replied, trying to sound ok. But he couldn't hide the hurt he felt from reflecting in his eyes.

----

A/N: Thank you for voting, commenting and adding this story to your reading list!