Road Trip!

Another dreamless night and then it was Saturday. It was 9:30 am I decided to give Xavier a shower because I think the last time I took him a shower was when I had my last pet in sophomore year. I smiled at that.

“Come on Xavier give mommy a kiss,” I said in a voice that was all coo-y.

The first step was the nail trimming, then the bath, then the ears, and lastly brushing. He was a spoiled, pamper ferret. I’d always imagine what the day in the life of a ferret would be like. Then it was nearly eleven when I went to shower, I was near the hamper in the bathroom when I spotted the clothes I’d borrow from Chris. Pretty gross in the eyes of anyone else that I picked it up to sniff it but the shirt lingered with a distinct scent, Old Spice deodorant.

Pretty weird that I knew that but guys have to know how to smell and the guys and girls stuff is near each other at the store. I was getting ready when I got a message from Svetlana; I remember telling her to meet me at my place. That way we’d show her around while Alexis could ogle Declan because I don't know if we would meet him.

It was ten till noon when there a knock at my door, it was Saturday my mom was out and dad would go to the office for a few hours. I thought maybe its Alexis or even Kai I mean it didn't matter as much because we’d seen each other nearly naked before. But no it was Chase and I only had jeans, shoes, and a bra with my hair up in a towel with a tooth brush in mouth. When I saw him my immediate reflex was to slam the door in his face.

“Hey Rhia I’m seriously sorry I didn't expect to see you like that, I’ll just wait out here for you.” I heard the footsteps fade.

Damn, not even the second date and he saw me nearly naked. Not that I even put out I still have the infamous V-card. Then I rushed to finish and by the time I venture outside Alexis, Kai, and Svetlana were there; I hated being late for things. I personally didn't look Chase in the eyes because I was embarrassed enough for the both of us. I said I would go in the back and let Kai go up there, so the three girls could go in the back.

I was BAD at calculating distances and time to get there, North Charleston was only a half an hour drive. When they told me we had already arrived, it would look like I was having a break down by bursting out in a cynical laugh, or insane. We were driving a while longer when Alexis decided to pull out her cell and call him. She told him our location and then she was dictating then to Chase. We made it to Mansfield Boulevard. The house we stopped at was amazing, it was for one huge and then by the looks it had a pool and pool house; rich kid anyone?

“He’s loaded,” it just came out and I got looks from the others. I was wondering if we were all expected. “Alexis does Declan know we are going to be here?”

“Eh no, that’s why you guys were going to show Svetlana around town remember.”

“Sorry Alexis but as your besties, at least Kai and I we get to meet him or else.”

She looked like she didn't want to show him to us like he was diseased or something but we were a family to each other, the family we choose anyway, we didn't keep things from each other. She had to deal with that! We asked Chase and Svet to stay in the car because we were going to just pull a parent move and drop Alexis off at the door.

We rang the door bell and then we waited, we then heard shuffling noise and then a good looking light brown hair guy answered the door. He only saw Alexis and I looked to her and witnessed the same thing, she went up to hug him and he seemed at ease.

“Mi niña hermosa.” He said to her though I didn't know Spanish whatsoever.

“Declan te extrañé!” she replied his little declaration. Then I took a somewhat better look at him and he didn't look at all like a teen. He had serious facial hair and he looked about 5’10 in ht; though teens were insanely tall this didn't seem to fit. I didn't know I was just skeptical about this whole thing. Then like a snoop I looked around and there was no car so what no parents? Was he seriously going to be alone with Alexis?