a label

"I really hate to break up this adorable moment, but we all have to get to work," Caroline said, looking down at Lexie and Spencer entwined with each other on the couch. When neither woke up Caroline picked up a pillow and threw it on Lexie's head. 

"C'mon I already put the coffee on," Caroline said walking back into the kitchen.

"God Caroline," Lexie said blinking to adjust to the light. Smiling when she realized she had snuggled up with Spencer all night. 

"Spence, she's right, we gotta get up." She said sitting up and getting coffee. This wasn't the first time they fell asleep together on the couch, it was actually a weekly occurrence. Spencer came over to help Lexie, and even sometimes Caroline, study.

"Caroline better have made coffee." Spencer sighed also getting up. He and Lexie have been having their 'study dates' for over a month now. He still wasn't quite sure where he and Lexie stood. They occasionally had dinner or lunch dates, and he slept over a lot. They haven't kissed since their first date, let alone do anything else. He never officially asked her to be his girlfriend, but he knew he cared deeply for her and wanted her in his life.

"Don't worry Spencer, I'm the best roommate ever and coffee has been made," Caroline yelled from the kitchen.

Spencer, Lexie, and Caroline were quite the trio. Since Spencer was always sleeping over, they shared many breakfasts and dinners together. They quickly became friends. Caroline was easy to get along with, sometimes when Lexie was called in for an emergency at the hospital when Spencer was over, He and Caroline would have tea and talk about star wars or star trek.

"Alright love birds, I have early rounds, I'm out," Caroline said as she walked out the door, coffee cup in hand.

"Lex, can I ask you something?" Spencer asked looking at his coffee mug, he had his own at Lexie's house now since he didn't like sharing all those germs.

"Sure, what's up?" Lexie asked, her face behind her coffee cup.

Spencer moved to sit next to her at the bar and put his hands on hers's which were wrapped around her cup. He looked up into her eye and gave her a loving smile, he didn't know if he loved Lexie yet, but he knew he would someday soon.

"Spence, you're scaring me?" Lexie asked nervously, did he want to stop seeing her? She wasn't even sure if they were really dating, she wanted to stay with Spencer. She really hoped he wasn't stopping what they had.

"Don't be scared, I was just hoping you'd officially be my girlfriend." He smiled at her. A sudden burst of confidence taking over him.

"Oh!" Lexie sat up shocked, "Yes, yes of course I'll be your girlfriend Dr.Reid." She smiled. She was so glad he finally asked, Caroline was going to be so excited Lexie thought.

Spencer put his hand behind Lexie's hair pulling her lips onto hers, kissing her deeply. Lexie immediately kissed back, Spencer was an amazing kisser, she missed his lips on hers. Their mouths moved in sync with each other, the two only broke away to catch their breath.

"Shit!" Lexie exclaimed "It's 7:30! I have to shower!" She quickly kissed Spencer on the cheek and ran into her bedroom to grab jeans and one of Spencer's shirts, packing her scrubs in her work bag.

Spencer chuckled and put her coffee into a travel mug for her and jumped in the shower. He finished quickly and got dressed, his go-bag was thankfully still full so he had clean clothes. He got a cup of coffee to go and slipped his shoes on.

"Lexie we have to go!" He called for her from the front door. She was finishing putting her lunch of the day together. When she met him at the door he quickly pecked her lips and handed her her coffee. Lexie giggled and the two separated so they could each go to work for the day.