Sky's Garden

Everyone in the mafia knows of the famed garden of Vongola. The place, which only a few had been blessed to visit, not taking the regular visitors into account, was said to be teeming with life all year round!

"I got it! I got their Spring Invite!" A recruit of the Varia, a Storm by the ruby colored identification bracelet on his wrist, yelled with exhilaration as he waved the Sakura scented invitation in the air, forgetting that he isn't the only one waiting for the very piece of paper in his hand.

As if in tandem, every head present in the Varia's mansion, even the injured ones in the infirmary who had snucked out on a whim, turned towards the happy, poor, and would possibly be dead, mafioso.

All eyes immediately zeroed on the piece of paper that only a few were lucky to get in touch with.

"Uhh. You guys wouldn't snatch this from me, right?" He nervously asked as everyone moved towards him like single-minded zombies. "I-I mean, someone somewhere also got a letter, you know?" He whimpered as he kept glancing around for any available exit.

Desperate to see if he could keep himself alive and still have enough mobility to drag himself to the Vongola mansion's garden.

There was none.

Every corner and window and vent were filled with the mansion's occupying killers and assassins.

He hates to think that he'll be sporting a few broken limbs, or missing some body parts if shit goes horribly wrong, it's the Varia what do you expect, but just once! That's all he wants! A personal glimpse would last him a lifetime and the invite would be his family heirloom!

Well, that's if he survives.

"Heh, so you've got the famed invite while I've waited for five years and still got nothing?" The usually nice medic Sun user beamed at him, her scalpel glinting ominously with her flames, one he knows would give him a tumor or activate cancerous cells if it nicks him.

"Yeah! I've been researching a lot about that place since it's first establishment! I even tried to hack my way in just to have an invite and now that you have one, well, I wouldn't need to pull that favor someone owes me." Lim, Squalo's second in command of the Rain division, showed his knuckle knife encased in the soothing wave of Rain flames. He knows those flames would target his organs, slowing him enough to shut them down. He'd be dead before he knows it.

"So unfair! I want that invite!" A young Lightning gnashed his teeth as his flames crackled along with his anger.

"But it's mine!" He couldn't help but shout before slapping his own mouth and mentally killing himself for saying that.

"Well, if we can't have it, then we just have to make sure that you won't be able to go." Somebody at the back of the group calmly resounded and the rest gave their grunts of approval at that.

Still, he could see the greed in their eyes when the vibe seemed to grow more eerie as their eyes glowed with their respective flames, resolve coloring their eyes in a haze to get the damn invite for themselves.

"Shit. I think I forgot the death fight that happened last year when the Summer Invite came for Mirio." The unlucky winner gulped, sweat pouring out in buckets as he finally decided to value his life more, because Mirio is still missing or was probably rotting somewhere in the mansion since no one found him afterwards, and threw the letter to the air.