How to save a life

Grace wouldnt leave his side for a second. All the pain she went threw her life was messing with her as she looked at him. She knew she loved him more than anything else but it wasnt fair to him. She wanted to distroy hydra so he could have peace finnaly and have a normal life with out her. She felt like she didnt fit with him any more and she was okay with it and ready to put aside her own feelings for him so he could be free. She was the ball and chain keeping him from having peace because deep down she wanted him back she wanted her solgier back who made her smile even when he came back covered in blood. But that person was gone for good now.

"I never thought i would ever see you wear white except on our wedding day, man i wish to God i could have seen that," she said as tears rolled down her checks.

It was dark outside and it was the perfect time to go. She left a note on the frige for everyone to read and this was her last stop.

"You did a lot of things that im glade you dont remember James because just thinking about them hurts me. You some how though fell in love with me a second time and did a lot to keep me happy even though I never deserved it because i am nothing more then a science experment and part fish to but you didnt care about that you cared about me. Probaly more then yourself and I cant help but to love you for the rest of my life because you are just you. But i cant stay. Hydra agents are going to be trying to kill you and I could never live with myself if you died. You are my perfect imperfect soldier that i have loved for 70 years of my life and I relized that as long as I am with you they will hunt you down and try to get you to tell them how to find me. So I'm going away and goung to take down hydra and once im done I'm going to build a house for you and your family to live in by the ocean and send you the location when im done. You deserve to be happy i had mine its your turn now. I know I said i would stay with you but i cant its to dangerous plus i know the man i love will never come back and I want to keep you safe because you will always be my weakness. Good bye my love im setting you free," she said softly as she kissed his forhead and picked up her bags that she packed and headed out. It had been a week since the insdent and she needed to make sure he never got hurt like that again.

She left and was now walking the streets of New York City but seeing all the lights and remembering what james had did for her was breaking her making her hair turn gray and her skin peel. She tried to hide it but she couldnt hide her sadness from herself. Suddly a dart was shot in her neck and she stumbled and pulled it out as two guys grabbed from behind and she collapsed. They quickly dragged her off the streets and no one semed to notice.

Steve woke up early to see if bucky woke up but first he went to the frige and saw the note she left.

"Grace!" He gasped as he went to check on Bucky hoping ahe was still there but she was gone.

"Shit!" He yelled as he checked the cameras and it showed she left at two am and it was now six o'clock.

He tried calling her only to see if she would answer but her phone was near Bucky and he couldnt belive it.

"Steve why are you up so early?" Wanda asked as Steve was trying to find her still.

"Grace she left last night shes going to take down hydra alone and try to keep us safe. She said the only times your going to hear from her is when shes done and when she finishes a house by the ocean. She said we wont see her again and if we do to kill her because she probably got captured by hydra," steve answered.

"No.... But grace loves james so much why would she do this I mean leaving him is like ripping off an arm or her own heart," wanda said in a panic.

"She is doing this because she loves us, she said she is letting us go and to take care of him for her," he sajd as wanda shouck her head.

"I cant belive this I should have seen this coming!" She growled as he was checking every camra in the city. 

"Seen what?" Bucky said weakly as he stood in the door frame.

"Hey your awake!" Wanda smiled.

"Kind of wish I wasn't they really medacaded me," he sighed as his whole body hurt. He took a seat at the table in the kichen weakly.

"At least you are awake now you have been out for a week," she said as Steve was looking at camras.

"Wheres Grace at?" He asked as he had a morning glory in his hand that she left behind for him. They were here favorit.

"Some where we will find her if you want to talk to her," she answered as he looked up at her with suspicion.

"She didnt go on a mission?" He asked.

"No why?" She asked.

"She loved these flowers I would give her one the day I left on a mission and one when I came back. Roses for dates and lavander or Lillys when they were going to do an experment on me. It was like our own code... She left didnt she," he asked as Steve paused.

"Two this morning she said she wanted to protect us," he answered as bucky  pulled out a small brass ring out of his pockit.

"Your not going to find her Steve... It was hydras plan. To drug me up and to make her leave in hopes they would get her. They got her this time for sure. Her problem was no matter how much I would tell her to not do something she would do it any way if it ment keeping me safe. She always told me that its better that she suffered with me then I suffer alone because she wanted to help me in anyway she could. Hydra made a perfect wepon but they didnt know she could ever fall in love. I didnt think I could either until I did and asked her to marry me. I promised her that I would build a house by the ocean so she could visit it instead of me visiting her and we could start a family once we were free. She always wanted a couple of those," he said as he looked at the ring that looked brand new.

" Bucky..." Wanda said softly as he sat there heart broken.

"It took a lot of drugs to jog my memory... They wanted me to so I wouldnt hurt her when she came after me. They knew we were in love with each other and wanted to make sure it stayed that way so if either one of us went rouge we would find each other. It's funny we made so many plans to get free but it seems like no matter how hard we try we never will have a break," he said he sat the ring down next to the floor and just staired at it.

Hydra loved doing this to people its how they stayed in control but this was now war. He wasn't going to let her go again not this time.