Secret Model: 12

Secret Model: 12

"Will you go on a date with me?" Nathan and I both asked each other at the same time.

"No! Wait- Ugh!" we both cursed.

He raised his brow at me, egging me to continue what I was going to say to him.

Taking a deep breath I said, "Will you go on a date with me?"

"I thought it was always the guy that had to ask?" he chuckled mockingly.

"Yeah well... I'm not mainstream,"

My fingers started to fidget with themselves as I waited for his reply. I knew he was playing with judging from the creeping smirk on his face but I couldn't help the rising feeling of oh-no-I'm-going-to-be-rejected fluttering around in my stomach.

"Sure!" said, Nathan all too enthusiastically. "If you want me to..." he tacked on in the end.

I flipped out and slapped him lightly on his slightly muscled arm with a mocking frown. "Don't play games with me mister!"

We started to crack up into light fits of laughter. When it died down, Nathan reached out for me and pulled me to his chest. I gazed up into his eyes and gave him a small grin. To some outsiders, it might have looked as if we were sharing a private joke but to me, I was just enjoying his company.

"So...Tomorrow night? How 'bout seven?" Nathan suggested.

I leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. "Sure. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise,"

I hated surprises.

***

"Don't tell him who you are and don't-"

"Yeah, yeah, Chloe! Don't get your panties in a twist! It's just a harmless date and plus, I like him,"

"Hmm well, feelings can get in the way of business so don't give too much away,"

"Chloe, have you ever thought of being in a relationship?" I asked skeptically.

"Of course not!" she scoffed. "It's a distraction and utterly not worthwhile!"

I somewhat pitied, Chloe. She was so set on being serious and having a life without distractions, it was almost unhealthy. It hurt to see her all lonely.

"Well I have to go," she said, getting up from the couch, "and remember what I said before. Don't reveal anything!"

"Yes m'am," I say sarcastically.

As soon as she ushered herself out the door, I glanced up at the ticking clock on the wall. It read thirty minutes to six which is, I think, about time I start getting ready.

"Ugh, what do I wear?" I hiss to myself.

Nathan didn't tell me anything, after all, he wanted it to be a 'surprise'. I was faced with a mini crisis. Casual? Dressy? I had no idea so I decided to play it safe. I picked out a jade green skater dress with a black skinny belt and a pair of metallic, silver strapped sandals. I clipped on a pair of crystal studs and pulled my hair up into a simple ponytail.

Ding!

"Coming!" I yelled. Hopefully he could here me, I thought to myself.

I grabbed my tan, faux leather clutch off the makeup vanity and quickly rushed down the stairs to reach the front door. I did a couple trips of breathing in and out before smoothing down my dress and reaching for the door.

"Hey,"

"Hey," I replied back breathlessly.

Nathan looked well, hot. That's all there was to it. He was looking effortlessly handsome in a pair of tailored jeans paired with a black shirt and leather jacket. I was almost drooling at the sight before me. Almost.