Secret Model: 6

Secret Model: 6

"So you're the real , Eldridge O'Connor right?"

"Yes!" I implored her the hundreth time.

After I went back home after school, Etty had soon shown up, clearly having listened to what I said earlier. We were sitting on the couch together and, Etty was still doubting me.

"Prove it,"

"I don't have anything to prove. If you don't believe me, you can just walk out this door and never say a word about it," I said, my tone clipped and feeling slightly annoyed at her imcompetence.

"Fine, fine I believe you!" she huffed, throwing her hands up.

I leaned in and hugged my best friend then went to the kitchen to start preparing dinner. The house phone start ringing off loudly. I picked it up and greeted whoever was on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Why would you attend school again? Why didn't you consult me? Why didn't you-!"

"Calm down, Chloe! I just had to handle some business back at school,"

I heard, Chloe sigh as to calm herself down. "Why couldn't you have done your 'business' as your ordinary self instead of your 'model' self? Why?"

I could imagine, Chloe pinching the bridge of her nose trying to calm herself down.

"How'd you find out about it anyway?" I asked curiously.

"How did I find out? It's splashed across every single magazine! You thought this would be able to stay under wraps? How stupid are you?"

To be honest, I felt a little hurt at what she said. As naive as it sounds, I knew exactly what I was doing.

"Look, Chloe I know what I'm doing okay? I haven't given, Nathan the contract yet so nothing in my career will be jeopardised until I give him my contract and his mother signs it. As soon as she signs it, it's a clean slate,"

"Though you sound like you know what you're doing, I still you're being naive and stupid!"

"Goodbye, Chloe," I said coolly.

"Just give up whatever you're doing and-!"

"Goodbye, Chloe," I say with more force.

"It's a poorly thought out plan and your whole career will be in shambles and-!"

"Bye, Chloe," I said for the last time and slammed the phone back onto the receiver with more force than necessary.

"What's wrong?" Etty asked with a concerned frown.

"Chloe, that's what's wrong," I say through my teeth.

"Mmm..." she nodded, understanding.

                                                                                              *********

It's been a month.

I've been going to my school as my model self. Still, no one suspected a thing which was good. Lily Calder now, looks at me with distaste and hatred instead of idolism. Guess that was my fault.

"Time to get out there and strut your stuff!" whispered, Etty in my ear.

I quickly took a deep breath, praying that I won't fall then plastered on a dazzling smile. I stepped out onto the runway in a pair of pearl and diamond encrusted heels and a black peplum dress. White, blinding flashes of cameras clouded my vision and the pulsing music made my head throb slightly. I could feel my curly, blonde tresses swaying to and fro, grazing my back as I strided down the long catwalk. My already blinded vision started to waver a little bit but I soldiered on, continuing to smile and pose at the end. Halfway through getting back, my head started to spin making me waver slightly. A rush of cool air rushed past me as I accelerated towards the floor of the catwalk. The last thing I saw was, Nathan's shocked face in the crowd of camera flashes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry, this was ASAP I guess... It's not edited sadly but hopefully it'll satisfy you. If not, you'll always know there are more chapters!

~Antonia