Secret Model: 5

Secret Model: 5

I was sitting alone at my own table. Not because I was rejected but because everyone was too intimidated to sit with me. Lily and her group of friends where sitting, huddled at their own table, shooting stares at me and whispering amongst themselves. Shrugging, I spooned a spoonful of peach frozen yoghurt into my mouth, deciding against eating the sludge on my plate sitting at my elbow.

To be honest, it was awkward. Thought I was use to attention from the press, I was starting to grow uncomfortable from the intense stares and sly peeks. A screech of a chair scraping across the floor diverted my attention to the source of the noise. From the corner of my eye, I saw a tall figure sauntering towards my table.

"Fancy seeing you here, Eldridge,"

"Nathan! How great it is to see you! I didn't know you went to this school!" I greeted back, faking surprise.

"Likewise,"

"Well I just enrolled here quite recently and oh my, this school is very welcoming," I plastered on a fake, cheery smile hoping that, Nathan would buy it.

"Hmm, well how are the forms coming along then?" Nathan says, smiling warmly.

"I just have to sign one last page,"

"Thorough huh?"

"I like to make sure that I'm not signing something illegal," I joked.

"Well I'll see you around then?"

I bade, Nathan a cheery farewell then resumed spooning in my yoghurt. Just when I thought I would get some peace and quiet, Lily came strolling over.

"You want to hang out with us now?" she cocked an eyebrow at my empty table and flipped her long hair over her shoulder. "Because you would fit right in you know?"

The way, Lily was talking really irritated me and I'm sure it irritated the hell out of everybody else as well. The way she kept adding a lilt at the end of every sentence made her sound like she was asking a question every single time instead of talking like a normal person.

"Oh? I do now?" I said, raising a challenging eyebrow.

"Well you know? Because it was meant to be?" Lily said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. She gestured to herself, her friends and lastly me. "I'm popular, they're popular and your popular?"

Having enough of her babble, I climbed on top of my cafeteria table and called for everyone's attention.

"WHO. LIKES. LILY. CALDER!" I yelled out.

There was a moment of silence. No one raised their hand up except for, Lily and her cheerleader group of friends though they did raise theirs hesitantly.

"Lily, just stop bugging me about joining you and your little group of fake friends!" I flipped her off.

Lily hauled herself from her chair raced out of the cafeteria in a whirlwind of blonde hair. Feeling annoyed, I got down from my table and sat back down on my seat.

"I must say that was very brave of you,"

I fleetingly observed the girl that had sat at my table. Her dark brown hair swept her shoulders and her doe-like brown eyes were settled behind a pair of large tortoise shell rimmed glasses and a camera was slung around her neck.

"Thank you?" I say uncertainly.

"My name's, Skye ad I'm part of the yearbook committee,"

"Hi, Skye! My name's-"

"Oh I know who you are! Can I bother you for a yearbook photo?" she asked confidently.

"Bother away!"

Skye turned on her camera and lifted it up to her eye. I smiled warmly at the lens with my head angled slightly to the side.

"As usual, great photo!"

She showed me the picture and it was pretty good considering there wasn't any photoshop to edit it. Skye thanked me for the photo then slid away from the table saying that she hoped to see me around some time.

                                                                                        ******

The day passed by without a hitch considering that fact that people were still staring at me. There was a niggling feeling at the bottom of my stomach, my conscience saying that what I did to, Lily Calder was wrong no matter how much I hated her.

My conscience proved me right when I stepped into the girl's bathrooms and heard a loud sobbing. Thankfully the bathroom door was light and didn't creak or then I would be caught.

Sniffle.

I leaned up against the wall and peeked around the corner. There she was, Lily Calder. The cubicle door was open so you could see her sitting on top of the toilet seat with the lid down. Her shoulders shook as her sobs wracked her body. Immediately I felt sorry for her but I won't back down. She was the one who teased and bullied me and she's the one who has to pay

I regained back my abhorrence towards her and quitely backed out of the bathroom, my plan for revenge still poisoning my mind.

READ AUTHOR'S NOTE! IMPORTANT FOR CONTINUATION OF STORY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sorry if this isn't very long but it was longer than the previous chapter wasn't it? 

QUESTION: Do you think Nathan should become, Eldridge's love interest? 

Check out my Tumblr for next update! Link: http://antoniavalentine.tumblr.com/

~Atonia Valentine

PS: This chapter is unedited but when I'm finished, I shall go back and edit things.