A Flicker Of Hope

NIALL'S POV

I hardly thought there would come a day where I would meet her again by the very lake where I left her to cry and question our relationship. Weirdly enough the same place wanted me to run in her arms and beg her to forget the monster I have been. I was selfish. I still am. I broke her heart because I thought my dream of being a singer weighed heavier than her true love for me. And now I want her back cause my heart feels lonely and left alone.

Those cravings for her lips in mine were real. But my selfish heart once had loved her truly. And still does. And that is the real reason my heart choose to crush itself and put a end to my mind's desire. Cause we knew, I probably would find another way, another reason to hurt, to break her. And above all I knew she would not survive this time.

I was standing with my guiter in front of my beautiful fans. But right now they were looking like the villian of my love story. Easy to blame them than my own actions. Cause yes I am a coward. My heart was aching and I was faking a smile. What better song could I sing in my situation than 'Is it too much to ask? '

I thought so until I heard her screaming my name. Her voice was breaking yet it was like a wake up call for me. Her eyes moist , her face so sad like she hasn't smiled for ages. Her pain and my pain were so similar. Except now her love is probably overshadowed by the fact that I have been a terrible influence on her. But my love keeps on increasing as I look into those eyes that still reeks love for me even after all I have done.

At that point, my fingers were lingering on my guiter strings producing an unknown melody. My eyes fixed at her's. Trying to make her feel that all I have to say is only for you and only you.

I don't know what was going on. It was like I was under a melancholic love spell of a maiden who eyes are peeking right into my soul. And I desire not to hide the dark secrets that were pushing me away from her. All I wanted was her in my arms after I professed my love for her.

At that very moment, my heart bleed out my emotions as my guiter strung the codes.

" When you feel your love's been taken
When you know there's something missing
In the dark, we're barely hangin' on
Then you rest your head upon my chest
And you feel like there ain't nothing left
I'm afraid that what we had is gone "

The look in her eyes was questing me of my crime. My heart was ready to surrender full of guilt. Only hoping her forgiveness would be my redemption. Her sad face that bleed tears looking me, had made all my resolutions to stay away from her vanish.

Maybe I was meant to do the terrible deeds that I did. So I could understand how her love was the only thing that could keep me alive. How even after all these success and money, I only craved for her love. And how her love sailed an ocean full of tempest and yet didn't even blink for once.

Maybe I was making excuses. But all I need right now is her, my love and my life. She was the key to all my happiness and I couldn't loose her this time too. I know I was being selfish again. But I did not care cause I needed saving and she was my only savior.

I looked direct into her eyes knowing that she knew me too well to ever misunderstand my call for her.

"Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave"
..................................................................
..........................,....
.....

And here is another update for you guys ❤

I hope you guys have been keeping well. 😘

And please do share my story. And definitely vote for it. 🌻

Thank you for the love you guys have shown and please keep the support level high. I love you, my amazing readers! 😇