Yours and Only Yours

NIALL'S POV

"Vero, I mean Veronica what are you doing here? "

" It's a mess Ni. Just look at you. If you were suffering so much, why didn't you tell me. Why did you pretend so much? Don't you get it, I love you. I would anyway be there for you , Ni. "

"No, you don't get it. I didn't want you to suffer for me. The fame and this industry they would have destroyed us. I thought I was protecting you from heartbreak. But apparently, I probably ended up gifting you more pain . " I sighed.

" Niall" She touched my face with her soft hands. Her eyes were moist. Lips trembling.

"I loved you. I still do. "

Her soft lips touch my almost moist lips. I was crying. But her kiss was intoxicating. All my pain was slowly vanishing. All I could feel is a sense of love approaching me that I was craving.

"Niallll, Niallll. " I could hear someone scream my name. But I resisted it. I just didn't want to break the kiss yet.
I felt a splash of cold water hitting my now hot face. " Fuck. " I squished my eyes open.

My eyes were wide open now. All I could see was papers thrown all around. The room reeking of alcohol. The floor is littered with Beer bottles . My room was a mess.

But I couldn't spot Vero. Where did she go? She was right here kissing me.

I shouted her name desperately. But no reply came back. I just couldn't understand what was happening.

" Niall. Niall. Who is Vero  ? "   I was drifted from my trance. I look aside to my manager who was sporting a confused and worried face.

"Niall. Who is Vero? And why is your room like this? What happened? Speak up. " His voice expressed his concern.

Now I had realised. Be it alchohol or my subconscious desires. I was dreaming of her. Things that would never happen in reality. Cause I made sure. It never happens. My mind knows but my heart just couldn't come in terms with it. The incidents that have been happening lately has cracked my wounds wide open. And has salted them with great delight.

"Niall"  I was broken out of my thoughts.
I looked at him with sad eyes.
" Nothing brother. Just some dreams I have been dealing lately with. Not a big deal. "

" Are you sure? It seems something is really bothering you. " He didn't buy my answer clearly.

" Don't worry about it. What's my schedule today? "

He was still looking at me with worried eyes. I took that as a clue and tried to change the topic.

"Look, I wrote a new song ." I searched frantically through the paper pile on my bed.

" Niall. I have been with you for a while. I know when you are not fine. But I won't bother you if you don't wanna share. But you do have a performance today. Though it breaks my heart saying you this. But dear whatever pain you are going through, can't be shown in public. Take a bath and freshen up. And always know, your brother is there to hear whenever you need to say something. "

I wish, I could share everything with him . Maybe that could reduce a bit of my pain. But I can't at this moment atleast.

" Yes. I know. If you could give me some time alone. "
He gave me a light smile and left.

Maybe this pain is here to stay. Till now I had managed myself thinking she had moved on. But looking at her yesterday, I feel she loved me way more than I thought. A love that is beyond time and distance . I broke her heart in the most miserable way and yet she kept waiting for me, loving me like always. And I again like a coward couldn't stand by her. I choose to run. Instead of standing beside her as her armour, I choose to leave her behind to protect her. But did I really protect her? Or killed her with my own hands . I was selfish I knew, but now a murder too.

I saw my notes. " Please don't leave me "
I took my pen and added.

" She was my sun. And I her moon.
Always there together but never seen as one.
One sets so the other glows.
I was the dark night but I hope her days are always bright.
I love you and always will.
Yours and only yours,
Ni. "

.....................................................
..................

Hi beautiful people ❤ how have you guys been?
Here's a new update 😊
I hope you guys are going fine . And above all please stay safe you lovely people❤

And thank you for all the love. Could'nt be more grateful ❤

Please keep the support level high. 🥰
And definitely vote for my story and share it too. Please ❤❤
And let's meet in the comment section with your reviews until the next installment. 😇
All my love. Bye 😘🌻